Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

Frozen Chocolate Treats Recipe Makes for One Cool Snack

Posted by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 10:26 AM
  • 7 Replies

Frozen Chocolate Treats Recipe Makes for One Cool Snack

by Julie Ryan Evans

chocolate banana bitesHere in Florida, we're in the first full week of summer vacation from school, and here's what I have learned -- kids eat constantly. When they're away at school a chunk of the day, I guess I don't realize it as starkly, but with them and an endless stream of friends flowing through my house most days, I feel like I'm constantly searching for snacks to meet their desperate cries of "we're starrrrrving!"

These chocolate banana bites, from Emily Bites, are a perfect one. First, they're adorable, and kids love them (moms too!). Also, while they contain some sugar, they're a lot healthier than other sweet treats since the banana is the base. I also love that I can make a big batch of them and have them in the freezer for whenever I need them, and they're so easy to make that it's a great project with which kids can help. You can get all sorts of creative with the toppings too -- I like chopped nuts, peanut butter chips, and granola.

Frozen Chocolate Banana Bites

4 medium bananas
½ cup chocolate chips
¼ cup sprinkles
¼ cup shredded coconut
Other toppings of your choice

Cut bananas into 1” rounds and spread in a single layer on a baking sheet covered with wax paper. Freeze for at least one hour.

When bananas are frozen, place toppings into bowls. In another small bowl, microwave the chocolate chips in 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until melted and completely smooth.

Dip each banana round halfway into the chocolate and then into topping and place it back onto the baking sheet covered with wax paper. When all bananas are dipped, place baking sheet back in the freezer for at least 15 minutes or until chocolate is set.

What are your favorite summertime treats/snacks to make?

by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 10:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
SassyWildflower
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 10:29 AM

Mmm these sound good.

Linds2Horse
by Platinum Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 12:19 PM
I don't care for bananas but I could get into these
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hugss
Take Some *Time Out* for You. Join our Friendly/Supportive :)
Yesterday at 10:54 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 3:10 PM

Sound yummy :)

psych_mom
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 4:43 PM
These sound good.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamamiajk
by Silver Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 8:11 AM

Thanks for sharing. Those sound great! I like a good trail mix for the muncjies

clowry02
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:30 AM

yummy

sleepy_in_va
by Samantha on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:31 AM
Those sound like something my kids would enjoy. They all three love bananas so these would be a good hit in our house!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN