Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

Family Reunions..,

Posted by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 9:22 PM
  • 5 Replies
Has anyone ever planned or help plan a family reunion?? Tips and ideas would be great. I'm going to go browse Pinterest here in a bit for some ideas.

My dads side of the family hasn't been a big part in my life since he passed away 20 years ago. It's a whole bunch of he said she said stuff that went on between my dads side and my mom. But it's been 20 years. It seems we have all put our past behind us and now we are starting to form a relationship with that side. I don't remember much of anything that went on as I was only 4 years old when my father passed. I have a very child like view of what went on and still to this day don't care and just want to move on and learn more about my family.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 9:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mandee1503
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 10:06 PM

We do one once a year with my grandpas family. It's a potluck style at a local park. Hope that helps. 

SassyWildflower
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 11:13 PM
Sounds like a nice idea. Unfortunately I have never been to the family reunions Bc we were never close to.our family. Good luck!
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
31 minutes ago
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 12:07 AM

Sounds like a terrific idea,
I do know they need to be planned well ahead of time.
Deciding the where/when  is the hardest.
Good luck & let us know how it goes ;)

Life.Happens
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 11:09 AM
No, having a reunion in my family would never happen. A family reunion on my moms side, would turn into me being put in jail.lol.We grew up around my dads side so there's no need for one..But good luck!
BannerElkHogans
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 1:03 PM

you can't go wrong with Beef,Pork,Chicken on the Grill with Potato Salad, Slaw-etc an Beer......we do stupid games ..........like pulling an old mattress behind a 4 wheeler,mudd bogging,boating,greasy ,potato sack race,3 legged race,pig chasing, goat an pig  riding  ....hay rides for the kiddies an dancing to get all that extra energy out :) ....do whatever you guys like (this is what we do :)  ) our family shin digs last all weekend an are the biggest best Redneck we can get :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)