Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

It's not a done deal..but I have great news to share. update #1

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 1:21 PM
  • 28 Replies

I've been in contact with the curator of the (NMAAHC) Smithsonian National Museum of African American History and Culture).. Looks like they want the family to donate a few pieces to the exhibit.  (Keep your fingers crossed that we have what they are looking for)..I am beyond excited..  This would be such a wonderful thing for my kid to see..

The National Mall will open in 2015..Again, IF our pieces are accepted they will be on displays at the Smithsonian for 15yrs.  

***happy dance*** **happy dance***

7/10- I got a letter from the curator today asking if I would donate the item to the museum for further inspection. I'm going to call tomorrow and make arrangement to get the item to the museum. I want to hand deliver it. I think it would be a nice treat to go there  with the kid and hand deliver the item..That would make for good discussion when asked "what did you do this summer"   

by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 1:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
psych_mom
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 2:04 PM

If they get accepted let me know. We will be up there again in a few years to visit my BIL and I love going to the Smithsonian's and I would love to see your pieces. Awesome honor for you guys.

inmybizz
by Ruby Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 2:09 PM

I will.  I will be meeting with the curator in a few weeks/months to donate the item(s)..I hope all goes well. 

Quoting psych_mom:

If they get accepted let me know. We will be up there again in a few years to visit my BIL and I love going to the Smithsonian's and I would love to see your pieces. Awesome honor for you guys.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:50 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 4:24 PM

That's awesome!
Fingers & toes crossed!
Let us know :)

inmybizz
by Ruby Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 4:32 PM

Thanks!! As soon as I know, i'll uodate.   :)

Quoting hugss:

That's awesome!
Fingers & toes crossed!

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:50 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 4:41 PM

Counting on it ;)

Quoting inmybizz:

Thanks!! As soon as I know, i'll uodate.   :)

Quoting hugss:

That's awesome!
Fingers & toes crossed!

rocamom
by Platinum Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 6:06 PM

wow that's really cool.

Linds2Horse
by Platinum Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 7:34 PM
What an amazing honor!!! You should definity take dd to see them on display even if she has seen those items at home. My great uncle had items on display when i was a kid. My dad, mom, and sister have seen them but they are back in archive now. I really Wish i could have seen them. Do you mind sharing pics of some of your items? I would love to see them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
inmybizz
by Ruby Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 7:45 PM

As soon as I get them(they are being shipped to me). I will share. I'm afraid to talk about it until I actually have the itmes in hand.   :)

Quoting Linds2Horse:

What an amazing honor!!! You should definity take dd to see them on display even if she has seen those items at home. My great uncle had items on display when i was a kid. My dad, mom, and sister have seen them but they are back in archive now. I really Wish i could have seen them. Do you mind sharing pics of some of your items? I would love to see them.

SassyWildflower
by on Jun. 21, 2013 at 10:44 PM

how awesome is that!!!!!

Linds2Horse
by Platinum Member on Jun. 21, 2013 at 11:17 PM
I know what you mean. I'm always afraid to talk about those types of things too

Quoting inmybizz:

As soon as I get them(they are being shipped to me). I will share. I'm afraid to talk about it until I actually have the itmes in hand.   :)

Quoting Linds2Horse:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)