Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don't get it.. FB related vent.

Posted by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 4:55 PM
  • 18 Replies

I know a girl from high school who is on FB..  She is recently separated from her hubby.  Today she put up a post about wanting to find a great guy and do any of them still exist. 

About 4 hours later she posts a pic of herself and all you see is her boobs.. Ok so not literally but you see her face and HER BOOBS.. my question is 1, why do girls do this?  and 2, what kind of great man do you think you are going to attract that way??

I'm just curious what you ladies in here think..  I hide most of her pics because this isn't the first one.  However she is nice and has a cute little girl so I don't want to defriend her.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 4:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Jun. 25, 2013 at 6:09 PM
1 mom liked this
Desperation and lack of self esteem. A need to be validated by any means possible.
SassyWildflower
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 7:38 PM
1 mom liked this

this...Or maybe, if she's like me, she needs a friggin turtle neck to be completly covered LOL

Just hide her from your feed if you don't wanna see what she posts. I swear, I have more people hidden than showing on FB anymore. lOl

Quoting AnGLInterrupted:

Desperation and lack of self esteem. A need to be validated by any means possible.

VintageWife
by Tiffany on Jun. 25, 2013 at 7:39 PM
Exactly

Quoting AnGLInterrupted:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AM-BRAT
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 7:42 PM
2 moms liked this
I don't think it's that serious. I don't use fb because people are so annoying.

I feel like- if I can drive to someone's house in a few minutes, we don't need to fb.

If our only connection is hs, we don't need to fb.

If we work together, we don't need to fb, etc.
rocamom
by Platinum Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 7:55 PM
1 mom liked this
No I think it's lack of self esteem. Her boobs have always been out. O don't mind her as a person or her posts but if I wanted to see your boobs I would ask lol.. not really but you get my point haha

Quoting SassyWildflower:

this...Or maybe, if she's like me, she needs a friggin turtle neck to be completly covered LOL

Just hide her from your feed if you don't wanna see what she posts. I swear, I have more people hidden than showing on FB anymore. lOl

Quoting AnGLInterrupted:

psych_mom
by Stacy on Jun. 25, 2013 at 8:42 PM
1 mom liked this

There are plenty of shirts out there that do cover breast, I have noticed when women are separated they have a tendency to show more skin and think that it will help them find a decent man. They don't get that the type of man they will attract isn't the kind you want to bring home.

rocamom
by Platinum Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 8:47 PM
Yeah I think she's always looking for attention. What's sad is she has a little girl that she is now raising the same way. Oh well. I just found it interesting.

Quoting psych_mom:

There are plenty of shirts out there that do cover breast, I have noticed when women are separated they have a tendency to show more skin and think that it will help them find a decent man. They don't get that the type of man they will attract isn't the kind you want to bring home.

psych_mom
by Stacy on Jun. 25, 2013 at 8:48 PM

It is sad, but hopefully she will realize that it isn't the way to go about it before it is too late.

Quoting rocamom:

Yeah I think she's always looking for attention. What's sad is she has a little girl that she is now raising the same way. Oh well. I just found it interesting.

Quoting psych_mom:

rocamom
by Platinum Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 8:50 PM
I hope so too. My mom told me it's best to be friends with someone first. Damn she was right in my case anyway. :)

Quoting psych_mom:

It is sad, but hopefully she will realize that it isn't the way to go about it before it is too late.

Quoting rocamom:

Quoting psych_mom:

coronado25
by Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 9:00 PM
When a woman shows more skin it gets the attention of more men. Period. Which may widen the fishing pool of men, every kind,for her to choose from eventually. However, tossing it around on FB is just tacky.

Quoting psych_mom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)