Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

Fresh Hydrangeas on My Table

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 5:35 PM
  • 20 Replies
1 mom liked this

I love having  several hydrangea bushes outdoors. I love the full fluffy beautiful look of the flowers. I particularly love this shade of blue that my bushes produce! Every year when winter is over I count the days till my hydrangeas bloom. They bring me such joy. I love cutting some often to put in the center of our table. It adds a nice pop of color and screams summer is here! There's nothing like fresh flowers. It's just yet another small touch we can frugally add a peaceful loving touch to our homes as homemakers.

What about you? Do you love flowers or have any favorites?Any flower tips you want to share with me?

by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 5:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SassyWildflower
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 5:47 PM

I used to like flowers in the house but not anymore. The kids and cats just tear them up..more mess for me.

Sunflowers are my favorite flowers though.

suziejax
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 6:08 PM

O no! LOL at the kids & cat. I LOVE sunflowers. We have grown some in the past .

Quoting SassyWildflower:

I used to like flowers in the house but not anymore. The kids and cats just tear them up..more mess for me.

Sunflowers are my favorite flowers though.

AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Jun. 26, 2013 at 7:03 PM

How pretty!!

psych_mom
by on Jun. 26, 2013 at 7:12 PM
My favorite flowers are dayliles. I also love hydrangeas and can't wait for my bushes to get bigger and start really producing flowers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kaci
by Kaci on Jun. 26, 2013 at 7:15 PM
I also have hydragneas that color and love them! Do you ever get brown spots or holes on the leaves Susie?
suziejax
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 1:23 AM

Nope I have never seen that on mine before but I have on my petunias as of lately and I am trying to figure that out.

Quoting Kaci:

I also have hydragneas that color and love them! Do you ever get brown spots or holes on the leaves Susie?

Linds2Horse
by Platinum Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:14 AM
I love hydrangeas. They are so pretty. I have several different favorites. I love the look of sweet peas, the smell of verbena, and the easiness of geraniums.
Linds2Horse
by Platinum Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 2:17 AM
Snails love hydrangeas. :( I would imagine the holes are from nibbling snails.
Quoting Kaci:

inmybizz
by Ruby Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 8:36 AM

I love fresh flowers..My favorite lillies.

Kaci
by Kaci on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:55 AM
You mean slugs Barbie? Do you know anything that would get rid of them?

Quoting Linds2Horse:

Snails love hydrangeas. :( I would imagine the holes are from nibbling snails.

Quoting Kaci:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)