Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

How much would you pay......

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 10:42 PM
  • 19 Replies

I am thinking of doing some house cleaning on the side for some extra cash but I don't know how much is a reasonable amount to charge. I would be do just about anything that people need done whether it be laundry, vacuum, bathrooms, kitchens, deep cleaning or whatever. I am sure each home would be case by case depending on what they need done but what is a fair amount to charge? How much would you be willing to pay if you could afford it?

by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 10:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
suziejax
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 10:52 PM

For my house? I would pay $50 but I live in a very small Cape Cod w. one bathroom. I think $50 is fair.

But your totally right it would depend on the house and what they want done.

psych_mom
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 10:55 PM

I would do about $60-$75, that includes dusting and vacuuming the living room, sweeping and mopping the kitchen, vacuuming bedrooms and doing bathrooms. Not much more than that. I had three bedrooms and two bathrooms. If I wanted an in depth cleaning (baseboards, top of cabinets, etc) I would pay more.

jessicaaris
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:01 PM

Thanks ladies!! Let me ask another question. Do you think it would be better to charge by the hour? Or a set price for x items to be cleaned and then if they wanted more cleaned it would be more money?

psych_mom
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:04 PM

I would either do by the hour or packages.

Quoting jessicaaris:

Thanks ladies!! Let me ask another question. Do you think it would be better to charge by the hour? Or a set price for x items to be cleaned and then if they wanted more cleaned it would be more money?

KW1280
by Bronze Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:09 PM
Dont charge by the hour just have a set price. Maybe 99$ for 2 bedrooms, 1 bath and kitchen. Those are the most used rooms
109 for 3 bd,2ba and kitchen so on and so forth. Don't sell yourself short. Get 3x5 high gloss cards and you can put them in libraries,grocery stores,or chamber of commerce. Nvr use your home number get a trac phone for your maid service. I wish you much success.
Jenn8604
by Bronze Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:12 PM
1 mom liked this
I'll pay you $150 if you come clean my house sight unseen. lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
psych_mom
by on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:20 PM

The thing is, that may be too much for her area. Where I live, you can get a 3 bedroom 2 bath cleaned for around $70.

Quoting KW1280:

Dont charge by the hour just have a set price. Maybe 99$ for 2 bedrooms, 1 bath and kitchen. Those are the most used rooms
109 for 3 bd,2ba and kitchen so on and so forth. Don't sell yourself short. Get 3x5 high gloss cards and you can put them in libraries,grocery stores,or chamber of commerce. Nvr use your home number get a trac phone for your maid service. I wish you much success.

KW1280
by Bronze Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:29 PM
That is true she should competatively price for her area.

Quoting psych_mom:

The thing is, that may be too much for her area. Where I live, you can get a 3 bedroom 2 bath cleaned for around $70.

Quoting KW1280:

KW1280
by Bronze Member on Jun. 27, 2013 at 11:31 PM
You should see my craft room, stuff is everywhere

Quoting Jenn8604:

I'll pay you $150 if you come clean my house sight unseen. lol.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:12 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 12:13 AM

It does depend on the house size,
I would say anywhere from $50 - $75 .
Let us know how that goes for you :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)