Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

FIREWORKS!!!

Posted by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 12:32 AM
  • 12 Replies

Does your family set off fireworks on the 4th?

Go to a firework show?

Follow Me on Pinterest  
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 12:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SassyWildflower
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 12:32 AM

we have done both but this year we're staying home and just doing some at the house. Not even sure if hubby has to work or if he'll be off =/

suziejax
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 12:42 AM
1 mom liked this

we do sometimes but this year my kids will be on a trip to PA during the forth

rocamom
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 6:33 AM
1 mom liked this

we go to a show if we find one near us.  our town doesn't do them.  I'm in MA and they are illegal so we don't set them off.   Last year we did go to the beach where a bunch of people were setting them off and my mom had some so we set them off last year.

QuiltLover
by Jocelynn on Jul. 1, 2013 at 7:27 AM
1 mom liked this

We dont do them anymore, but when we had the kids at home, it was a big event to set them off on the yard...we had some mighty good times....

sleepy_in_va
by Samantha on Jul. 1, 2013 at 8:31 AM
1 mom liked this
I let the kids do sparklers or the snap things where you throw them at the ground and the pop. Then our 4-h club sets off fireworks on the 3rd. We will hopefully be going to that....if it doesn't rain :/ It's supposed to rain most of this week.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
inmybizz
by Ruby Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 9:09 AM
1 mom liked this

People go crazy in my neighborhood and I hate it..My poor dog has a fit on the 4th. We usually go to the big fireworks show at the lake(evening).. I don't personally set off fireworks..The morning of the 4th we participate in the town's 4th of july parade.. 

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Today at 12:51 AM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 9:43 AM
1 mom liked this

Not any more ;)

psych_mom
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 10:15 AM
1 mom liked this

We will go see them some where- too many woods around our house that could easily catch fire.

AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Jul. 1, 2013 at 10:27 AM
1 mom liked this

No, fireworks are usually banned here (for private use) as we're almost always under a fire ban.  This year is no different.  It's not until you get out into the country and you have some acres that you can do things like that.  We will, however, take DD to any one of the huge firwork shows going on around here.

dingysfamily
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 11:19 AM

When dh isn't on-call we like to go watch the fireworks locally, but he's on-call this year and was last year too!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN