Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Credit Cards

Posted by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 7:48 PM
  • 16 Replies

Do you have them? Do you use them often or only for emergencies?  Do you have credit card dept or do you pay off your bill right away??

Just curious.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 7:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
snuggiewoogie
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 8:09 PM

I have them I use them and and I don't wanna talk to talk about the rest...... lol....

credit card

misbishy
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 8:36 PM
Yep, yep, and yep. I do lots of shopping online.
sleepy_in_va
by Samantha on Jul. 10, 2013 at 8:39 PM
No. I only have my bank card that is attachted to our checking account. If we dont have the money for it we dont buy it. Though one would be nice for car or hospital bills...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
QuiltLover
by Jocelynn on Jul. 10, 2013 at 9:00 PM

We are debt free except for a very small mortgage, we have a cc, but IF. And I do mean IF we use it, it is paid off immediately....we just paid for the three older grandkids homeschooling curriculum but it will be paid when we get the bill....I f we dont have the money, we dont buy. Old school, but so happy we are not in debt....

SassyWildflower
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 10:00 PM

Dont have one..wont ever have one.

HisSweetheart07
by Platinum Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 10:06 PM

nope none here.

maybe in a year or two I would consider getting one - my credit score sucks right now. But I wouldn't mind getting one and using it strictly for X and then paying it off weekly/biweekly.

psych_mom
by Stacy on Jul. 11, 2013 at 12:04 AM

We have two store cards and one for dental. We don't owe very much on any of them.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:19 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 12:06 AM

We're down to one & we're working on paying it off/down :)

QuiltLover
by Jocelynn on Jul. 11, 2013 at 9:16 AM

LOVE....LOVE....LOVE Dave Ramsey...he has been there and not afraid to let you know how bad cc debt is....

Quoting Caitlin411:

We have one for amazon and one for kohls and my husband has one that he uses for all his work expenses and hotels when we go on vacation. They are all paid off in full every month.

It wasn't always like this. A few years ago we had cc debt but then we found Dave Ramsey.

dingysfamily
by Suzi on Jul. 11, 2013 at 9:30 AM

We have a couple of cc, but really only use one of them.  It earns us $$ toward a new GM/Chevy in the future.  We buy our groceries, gas, nearly everything using it; when we use it I automatically subtract it from our checking account & I highlight so that I know its on the cc & it won't show up on the bank statement.  Then when the cc bill comes in I pay it off, and the amount is already deducted from the bank account ... using that system keeps us from overspending the money in the bank period!  We also have a Kohl's card that we sometimes use, when it is to our advantage to get more money off; we also pay that card off as soon as the bill comes in.  We have a home equity cc that does have a balance on it, but that will be paid off w/in the next 2 years, if not sooner; it's the only one that we don't pay off, but we also haven't added to it in a couple of years either. We just got a Home Depot card, we just bought a new fridge & put that on it ... got an 18 mo/no interest payment play.  We've done this on big purchase items many times over the years & always pay them off early & will do the same here.  In fact my fridge is being delivered as I type!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)