Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

Sharing clothes?

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:20 PM
  • 20 Replies

Did you ever share clothes with a sibling or close friend when you were growing up?

Ever wear clothes they out-grew?

Follow Me on Pinterest  
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SassyWildflower
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:42 PM

I had a few friends in HS that we all shared shirts and stuff. 

When I was in HS and lived with my oldest sister off & on, I would barrow shirts and stuff from her closet.  

She would always give me clothes she didn't want anymore. It's been a LONG time since she's been able to do that (she's taller and thinner than I am now lol) but a few weeks ago she gave me a bag of clothes--I tried them on and can actually wear them :) *happy dance*

sleepy_in_va
by Samantha on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:46 PM
Nope. My sister is 8 years older than me and then my friends were always smaller than me. So I just wore my own clothes. Now that my sister and I are settled into about the same size now we do sometimes share cloths. Mostly shirts though as my sister has to buy long pants and I can fit in between a petite and regular size length.. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Life.Happens
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:20 PM

No.

SassyWildflower
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:29 PM

mt oldest sis is 12 yrs old than me and taller so pants were never shared lol...But b/c I had a bigger chest area lol...Her shirts always fit me.

in HS i was tiny and most of my friends & I were about the same size so we could share shirts.

Quoting sleepy_in_va:

Nope. My sister is 8 years older than me and then my friends were always smaller than me. So I just wore my own clothes. Now that my sister and I are settled into about the same size now we do sometimes share cloths. Mostly shirts though as my sister has to buy long pants and I can fit in between a petite and regular size length.. Lol

catevincesmom
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:41 PM

I wore my younger sister's hand-me=downs. 

snuggiewoogie
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:08 PM

I shop consignment shops all the time for some of my daughter's clothes.......

HisSweetheart07
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 4:46 PM
Yup. My friends and I use to swap clothes all the time.
My children get hand me down, yard sale, and consignment clothes. The only things i buy (full price) at the store are socks and underwear lol
suziejax
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:05 PM

nope :-(

suziejax
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:06 PM

but my 13 year old and I are the same size and she loves my clothes so she is always using mine lol 

klamomma2
by Kaila on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:21 PM

I got my sister's hand me downs she is 4yrs older than me.  We would share clothes now, but we are in different states so it's very rare we let one another have each other clothes because we know it will be a while before we can exchange back.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)