Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

speaking of vehicles

Posted by on Aug. 14, 2013 at 9:57 PM
  • 11 Replies
My son got grease on my tan upholstery in my Suv . What can I use to get it off? Thanks"
by on Aug. 14, 2013 at 9:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
offrdngal
by Terri on Aug. 14, 2013 at 10:05 PM

Goo Gone, maybe

sleepy_in_va
by Samantha on Aug. 14, 2013 at 10:10 PM
A little bit of dawn and some water?

Or taking it and have it detailed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HisSweetheart07
by Platinum Member on Aug. 14, 2013 at 10:11 PM

BLUE dawn dish liquid, toothbrush, dry rag, and a spray bottle.

enough dawn to cover the stain, let it sit for a min, scrub with a toothbrush (preferably a new one from the dollar tree and not your Ds's lol), wipe with rag. You may need to do these steps again depending on the stain but I've had success with just one round.

Spray with water, wipe with rag. Don't drown the fabric - just spritz and dab to get the extra soap out.

I've also -heard- peroxide will take it out. However, I've never tried it because I'm afraid I'll leave a bleached out mark.

AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Aug. 14, 2013 at 11:04 PM

You could use a dawn, peroxide and water mixture.  It's what I use for my carpets at home.  Doesn't bleach DD's dark pink carpet.

Quoting HisSweetheart07:

BLUE dawn dish liquid, toothbrush, dry rag, and a spray bottle.

enough dawn to cover the stain, let it sit for a min, scrub with a toothbrush (preferably a new one from the dollar tree and not your Ds's lol), wipe with rag. You may need to do these steps again depending on the stain but I've had success with just one round.

Spray with water, wipe with rag. Don't drown the fabric - just spritz and dab to get the extra soap out.

I've also -heard- peroxide will take it out. However, I've never tried it because I'm afraid I'll leave a bleached out mark.

Jukebox_Jenny
by Jenny on Aug. 15, 2013 at 12:10 AM
Dawn dish soap?
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Today at 12:46 AM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Aug. 15, 2013 at 12:20 AM

Not sure,
Hope someone else can help :)

QuiltLover
by Jocelynn on Aug. 15, 2013 at 6:57 AM

Oil Eater...this stuff rocks....you should be able to buy this from Walmart, if not, you can buy it online. I took it to Kellys because the little one got permanent magic marker on one of her cloth recliners, took it all out and left no stains,etc. It is good to get  crayons (that was left in unsaid little boys pocket ) out of washed and dried clothes...haha....best stuff I have ever used...will not be without it in my house.

QuiltLover
by Jocelynn on Aug. 15, 2013 at 6:58 AM

Kaci, you will find it in the automotive dept

Kaci
by Kaci on Aug. 15, 2013 at 11:22 AM
thanks I will look for it when I go back to Walmart!

Quoting QuiltLover:

Kaci, you will find it in the automotive dept

snuggiewoogie
by on Aug. 15, 2013 at 11:24 AM

Hope it comes out :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)