Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

started something new this morning

Posted by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 7:54 AM
  • 11 Replies
So normally my kids get up before me at about 720-730. I know they are up but I have them play in their room for about an hour.

But not today. I set my alarm for 7am. I laid in ed and woke up and sure enough my oldest and the baby were up at 720. So I brought them out to the living room and we put in a Word World movie and waited for my ds to wake up. He just got up about 5 minutes ago. So far this has been a much better start to our morning. I've got coffee and we are cuddled on the couch finishing up Word World. Then I will get them theur breakfast.

I'm starting this so school.mornings go much smoother. I am not a morning person.. so that is why Im trying to get my self on a better schedule. So far so good!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 7:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
psych_mom
by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 8:16 AM

Sounds like a good plan! We have to get up at 6:20 here. I hate it. Soon it will be even earlier because even if they kids don't want to they are going to have to start eating breakfast at home.

sleepy_in_va
by Samantha on Aug. 16, 2013 at 8:24 AM
After a few days of 7am I might try and be up at 630 and then get the kids up at around 7. That should give us plenty of time for breakfast and getting ready for school. Hopefully..we only live 0.4 miles from school so we I think that will be a good time for us to start our day. I'm going to call the school and see what time school actually starts though. Still not real sure on that.

Quoting psych_mom:

Sounds like a good plan! We have to get up at 6:20 here. I hate it. Soon it will be even earlier because even if they kids don't want to they are going to have to start eating breakfast at home.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
psych_mom
by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 8:31 AM

If mine didn't insist on riding the bus (because mom taking them to school just isn't cool) we wouldn't have to be up so early. We live less than 10 mins away and school doesn't start until 7:40. I won't complain too much though because it saves on gas.

Quoting sleepy_in_va:

After a few days of 7am I might try and be up at 630 and then get the kids up at around 7. That should give us plenty of time for breakfast and getting ready for school. Hopefully..we only live 0.4 miles from school so we I think that will be a good time for us to start our day. I'm going to call the school and see what time school actually starts though. Still not real sure on that.

Quoting psych_mom:

SassyWildflower
by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 8:31 AM

Whatever works :) 

sleepy_in_va
by Samantha on Aug. 16, 2013 at 8:38 AM
We are going to try and walk as many days as we can. If it is nice out then we will walk. If it is not so nice I will drive dd to school.

Quoting psych_mom:

If mine didn't insist on riding the bus (because mom taking them to school just isn't cool) we wouldn't have to be up so early. We live less than 10 mins away and school doesn't start until 7:40. I won't complain too much though because it saves on gas.

Quoting sleepy_in_va:

Quoting psych_mom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
psych_mom
by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 9:03 AM

Sounds like a good plan!

Quoting sleepy_in_va:

We are going to try and walk as many days as we can. If it is nice out then we will walk. If it is not so nice I will drive dd to school.

Quoting psych_mom:

Quoting sleepy_in_va:

Quoting psych_mom:

klamomma2
by Kaila on Aug. 16, 2013 at 9:45 AM

That's great, I am the same during the summer the kids would wake up and play in the playroom next to my room and my little guy would crawl in bed with me and watch Mickey and I would dose off and on and keep an eye on him.  

School started back this past week, my husband has been home until 6:45, the kids wake up at 6:20, I wake up at 6:30.  Next week he goes before 5, so I have to be up at 6:20 with them, or not set their alarms til 6:3 lol It is hard for me to wake up, but last year there were plenty of days that we were rushing around because I overslept (such a bad mom!) So this year I made a goal for myself to be up early and enough time to get a shower, dry and straighten my hair!  So far I've met my goal.  I'm sure once winter comes and it's cold all I'll want to do is stay in bed under my covers and mornings will be brutal!  

(Sorry that was soo long!) lol

sleepy_in_va
by Samantha on Aug. 16, 2013 at 10:00 AM
Oh I hear you on the winter thing
I hate the cold...when it starts to get really cold out is when I will be driving dd to school. I will also have a new baby in about 10 weeks so I'm not going to be wanting him out in the cold but until then if its nice we will walk.

Quoting klamomma2:

That's great, I am the same during the summer the kids would wake up and play in the playroom next to my room and my little guy would crawl in bed with me and watch Mickey and I would dose off and on and keep an eye on him.  

School started back this past week, my husband has been home until 6:45, the kids wake up at 6:20, I wake up at 6:30.  Next week he goes before 5, so I have to be up at 6:20 with them, or not set their alarms til 6:3 lol It is hard for me to wake up, but last year there were plenty of days that we were rushing around because I overslept (such a bad mom!) So this year I made a goal for myself to be up early and enough time to get a shower, dry and straighten my hair!  So far I've met my goal.  I'm sure once winter comes and it's cold all I'll want to do is stay in bed under my covers and mornings will be brutal!  

(Sorry that was soo long!) lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:59 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 11:44 AM

Sounds like a great plan!
Good luck & let us know how it all goes/works out ;)

suziejax
by on Aug. 16, 2013 at 12:00 PM

good

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN