Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

Any Suggestions??-- Kitchen question

Posted by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 6:31 AM
  • 13 Replies

How on earth am I going to decide where to put everything in the new cabinets?  HHHMMM

Ok so in this picture the I'm thinking the cabinet above the dishwasher for cups, mugs, wine glasses and waterbottles.  I have many but plan to try to cut back as I re-load the cabinets.

I'm not sure what to do with the corner top cabinet I'm thinking dishes but them what about the last top cabinets?  HHMM

The bottom corner cabinet I'm using for Tupperware and I should have enough room, We'll see.  I have LOTS but again I might try to cut it back a bit.

So in this picture the Island and bottom right cabinet will be used for pans (pots, skillets, bread pan, casserole pans) the skinny one on the left of the stove has my sheet pans, pizza stones, and cutting boards.

The top right (next to the microwave) I will put spices and sauces.  Now let's keep in mind that I will have a pantry cabinet on the side of my fridge for canned goods, pastas, and stuff like that.  I'm not sure what to put in the cabinets on the top of the microwave or in the cabinet on top of the fridge.

ANY SUGGESTIONS???

With the top cabinets Matt thought possibly snacks but doesn't it make more sense to put them in the corner cabinet? would that be strange if we did cups above the dishwasher and then had snacks in the corner and then dishes in the last top cabinet??

I have an organizer coming in but she's not coming soon enough LOL!! 

ALL suggestions are welcome PLEASE :)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 6:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cafay
by Silver Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 7:20 AM

I"m not sure if I can be of much help. My cabinets have been in for 3 years and as soon as I get my kid back in school, I will rearrange them for the 3rd time. I can't seem to find a perfect spot for everything. The only thing I can say-and I don't know how old your kids are-but if they are old enough to help themselves sometimes,keep that stuff somewhere where they can reach it easily. My son likes to get his own stuff and I was always helping him. I put all his plastic stuff in a small cabinet where he could reach. And I'm short, so the stuff I use least goes up higher so I don't have to use the ladder so often!

rocamom
by Platinum Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 7:34 AM

I have worked with an organizer in the past but setting up an appointment with her is a challenge because I am able to load the cabinets but yet the work crew is still here.  It's very confusing right now.

I'm glad you have been moving stuff around your kitchen because that makes me feel better :) I just can't wait to see ALL the cabinets in and finally stop living out of boxes :)

My daughter is really short so she is used to using a stool.  She's almost 7 but reall the size of a 5 year old. I love my tiny peanut.

Thanks for your ideas.

Quoting cafay:

I"m not sure if I can be of much help. My cabinets have been in for 3 years and as soon as I get my kid back in school, I will rearrange them for the 3rd time. I can't seem to find a perfect spot for everything. The only thing I can say-and I don't know how old your kids are-but if they are old enough to help themselves sometimes,keep that stuff somewhere where they can reach it easily. My son likes to get his own stuff and I was always helping him. I put all his plastic stuff in a small cabinet where he could reach. And I'm short, so the stuff I use least goes up higher so I don't have to use the ladder so often!

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:20 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 9:44 AM

You sound like you have it under control, LOL

psych_mom
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 10:34 AM

I wouldn't do snacks above the microwave because those are not easily accessible cabinets. You need then to be in a place where you can reach them. If they work for you in the corner cabinet I say go for it. If you have anything seasonal you can store in the those cabinets, that is a good use for them.

snuggiewoogie
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 11:29 AM

Just take it one at time.... :)

HisSweetheart07
by Platinum Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 8:44 PM

Why not spread out a little more -
Top Left to right
1) Plates, Bowls, & Servers
2) *corner* Water bottles & Wine Glasses
3) Cups & Mugs
4)  Vases, Misc Containers
5) Spices & Sauce

Bottom Left to Right
1) Snacks & lunch supplies
2) Tupperware
Dishwasher
3) Cleaning supplies, trash bags, etc
4) Baking sheets
5) Casserole pans, bread pans

-Island-
Pots & Pans
Skillets
Mixing Bowls

rocamom
by Platinum Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 8:53 PM

I like this because some of what you have is stuff I already planned LOL :) hehe..  THANK YOU!!

Quoting HisSweetheart07:

Why not spread out a little more -
Top Left to right
1) Plates, Bowls, & Servers
2) *corner* Water bottles & Wine Glasses
3) Cups & Mugs
4)  Vases, Misc Containers
5) Spices & Sauce

Bottom Left to Right
1) Snacks & lunch supplies
2) Tupperware
Dishwasher
3) Cleaning supplies, trash bags, etc
4) Baking sheets
5) Casserole pans, bread pans

-Island-
Pots & Pans
Skillets
Mixing Bowls

suziejax
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 8:57 PM

Quoting hugss:

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:20 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 12:04 AM

No text showed up :(

Quoting suziejax:

Quoting hugss:

rocamom
by Platinum Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 5:18 AM

I think she was just agreeing with you but didn't say anything :)

Quoting hugss:

No text showed up :(

Quoting suziejax:

Quoting hugss:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)