Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

What do you think of this quote?

Posted by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 6:38 PM
  • 23 Replies
When you get involved with your childs school, you are sending an important message to your child- SCHOOL IS IMPORTANT and I CARE!

thoughts on this please?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 6:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sleepy_in_va
by Samantha on Aug. 27, 2013 at 6:42 PM
I totally agree with this. My mom was not very involved in my school years. She provided everything I.needed but wasn't involved with the school.or even my school.work and it reflected in my attitude towards school...I didn't care. Yeah I passed but barely.

I'm changing that with my kids. I'm getting involved and my dd starts tomorrow and has been so excited because I am involved with her with teaching her things and making school fun.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SassyWildflower
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 6:42 PM

I agree 110%!!!

I am very involved in my girls' school, working with them at home on things they are doing at school, & BEING there at the schools whenever possible.

AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Aug. 27, 2013 at 6:49 PM

I agree with this.

sleepy_in_va
by Samantha on Aug. 27, 2013 at 6:51 PM
At orientation yesterday I made sure to sign up for anything I could really do. I want to be there.

This quote was written in my dd's teacher bio.

Quoting SassyWildflower:

I agree 110%!!!

I am very involved in my girls' school, working with them at home on things they are doing at school, & BEING there at the schools whenever possible.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SassyWildflower
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 6:53 PM

that is awesome. I LOVE LOVE LOVE being a parent volunteer. I can't wait until we get our PTO going at G's school. I have so many awesome ideas! LOL

Quoting sleepy_in_va:

At orientation yesterday I made sure to sign up for anything I could really do. I want to be there.

This quote was written in my dd's teacher bio.

Quoting SassyWildflower:

I agree 110%!!!

HisSweetheart07
by Platinum Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 8:11 PM

I agree. I'm room mom from both classrooms, prek photographer, Read Alone, Book Fair, Fundraiser helper, etc.

suziejax
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 8:53 PM

I agree!!!

Jukebox_Jenny
by on Aug. 27, 2013 at 8:54 PM
I agree!
my4littlegirls
by Member on Aug. 27, 2013 at 9:00 PM

I agree to a point. I can see it being very hard to help out when you have other kids, no babysitter, a job that would keep you away.  I think as long as you show your support for them and help them with their homework and stuff is fine enough. I have barely been able to help out at the school. My kids have good attitudes about school. They know I support them as much as I can and I will continue to support them as much as I can. 

VintageWife
by Tiffany on Aug. 27, 2013 at 9:08 PM

I do what I can but they have rules about no younger siblings along and my parents and husband are all gone during the day so...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN