Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

My daughter needs to grow a bit..

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 7:28 AM
  • 14 Replies

So she picked out a SUPER cute new outfit for the first day of school.  I wasn't paying to much attention but she did pick out an XS.  I didn't have her try it on because I assumed that at 7 (she will be 7 in 2 weeks) and XS would fit.  Well today is the first day of school and she went to get dressed.. That's when we found out her skirt was to big.  UGH.  So I had to pull out the sewing box and fix it for her.

Do I win Mother of the year that one??  Probably not but that's ok.. LOL!!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 7:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
inmybizz
by Ruby Member on Aug. 28, 2013 at 7:47 AM

yes, you win mom of the year.. I don't even own a sewing box.  :)

SassyWildflower
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 7:53 AM

lol..We have to only buy certain bottoms for our kids b/c they are so narrow in their waist area & have super long legs. All bottoms have to be adjustable.

rocamom
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 8:27 AM

My cousin can't even sew on a button :) LOL!!  It came in handy at work this summer because a few girls had broken bathing suits so I fixed them before they left to go to the beach.  hehehe

Quoting inmybizz:

AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Aug. 28, 2013 at 8:30 AM

Madison is in that inbetween stage where nothing fits.  The size she wore last year is a little bit tight and well beyond 2 inches above her knee..  and the size bigger is a tad bit bigger than she needs.  So I went with the bigger size.  She'll grow into it.  :)

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:18 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 11:40 AM

LOL .. you sure do :)

klamomma2
by Kaila on Aug. 28, 2013 at 11:52 AM

When I go shopping for my 7yr old daughter she has to try on everything.  Every store is different she wears a 7 or 8 depending on what it is, she's really tall but slim in the waist.  I love the elastic adjuster inside jeans now, they have been a life saver.  I hate skirts because the size that fits her waist is too short and the ones that are the right length are too big in the waist.

But yes you do win mother of the year!!  Great job momma, I'm glad she was able to wear the outfit she picked out for the 1st day!!

I bought my daughter a dress the top material was really light for the heavy "skirt", the skirt would pull the dress down and show off her chest.  I had to fold over the top of the shoulders and sew, I was happy when I was done and couldn't tell I even sewed it! :) 

psych_mom
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 12:07 PM

If it would have fit perfect in a month she couldn't wear it any more, so no biggie that it was a little too big :) I always buy my kids the next size up because we will be school shopping again very soon if I don't. I think it is a parenting win on your part that it is a little bigger and the fact that you can fix it to fit now and just undo what you did when it needs to be taken out is a bonus :)

snuggiewoogie
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 8:12 PM

Hope you can find some stuff that works. It can be frustrating! Ugh...

amonkeymom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 29, 2013 at 1:13 PM

Me either!  I have a needle and some thread and can sew on buttons, but don't ask me to do anything else.  lol

Quoting inmybizz:

rocamom
by on Aug. 29, 2013 at 2:24 PM

Well that's better than nothing :)

Quoting amonkeymom:

Me either!  I have a needle and some thread and can sew on buttons, but don't ask me to do anything else.  lol

Quoting inmybizz:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN