Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

Preschool at Home

Posted by on Sep. 1, 2013 at 9:25 PM
  • 12 Replies
So as most of you know my oldest is now in Kindergarten and that my middle child who is 3 is having a hard time with his big sister being gone all day. Lots of mopeing around and just being sad. And now I will only be working on weekends for awhile since my husband will be taking a CDL class that is during the week, I have now lost my sitter I will now be home more. So I have been doi.g some reasearch on somethings to do with my 3yo.

While browsing pinterest the other day I found a Homeschool Preschool ciriculum. It is 36 weeks of learning. I plan on heading to the library and printing off all the stuff I need from it and starting my 3yo on the ciriculum. It will give me time with him so he can learn just like I taught our oldest and help pass the time while sister is at school. I will probably even try and get my 1yo in on some of the activites as well.

I just hope this helps him learn what he needs to know for when he can finally go to school and help him learn that he doesn't always need his big sister around to do stuff.

Here is thr link to the blog I found the ciriculm on. Sorry I can't make it a clickly link since I am mobile.
http://www.mudhutmama.com/preschool-homeschool-weekly-lesson-plans-age-3/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 1, 2013 at 9:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SassyWildflower
by on Sep. 1, 2013 at 9:33 PM
2 moms liked this
awesome. good luck! just remember to make it fun and don't stress...kids learn at their own pace :)
ashleybgarcia
by on Sep. 1, 2013 at 9:35 PM
Interesting!
Linds2Horse
by Platinum Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:12 AM
That's a great idea. My son went through an excellent preschool program so I was shocked when he started kindergarten and some of the kids couldn't even recognize letters, colors, or shapes. It seems like such a huge parenting fail to not make learning a priority. Your son will love the attention and will live that he is learning while his sister is at school
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hugss
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:20 AM

Sounds great & yes learning is fun :)

sleepy_in_va
by Samantha on Sep. 2, 2013 at 7:16 AM
It is very sad when I see kids who don't know their letters or shapes.and things like that. My two big kids have known colors, shapes, alphabet and numbers since they were both about 2(oldest is 5 middle child is 3) I like to ask them randomly whar color or shape something is...our favorite place to play that game is at the grocery store.

Quoting Linds2Horse:

That's a great idea. My son went through an excellent preschool program so I was shocked when he started kindergarten and some of the kids couldn't even recognize letters, colors, or shapes. It seems like such a huge parenting fail to not make learning a priority. Your son will love the attention and will live that he is learning while his sister is at school
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sleepy_in_va
by Samantha on Sep. 2, 2013 at 7:20 AM
He learns pretty quickly Im really just focused on getting him over the "I can't do something because sissy isng here with me" phase. I asked him if he wanted lunch the other day and he said yes but when I asked him what he wanted he then told me he couldn't eat because Emmie wasn't with him. I'm hoping by keeping him busy with some fun things like this then we can get rid of his fear of not having sissy around.

Quoting SassyWildflower:

awesome. good luck! just remember to make it fun and don't stress...kids learn at their own pace :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rocamom
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 8:08 AM

That sounds great.. In my area I also found some playgroups that are free.  One is called the Family Network.  It's a state run program.  Maybe you can talk to some other local moms and try to find something like that.  There is also a group of moms that goes to McDonalds once a week (used to do it every Wednesday).  We didn't eat but we did play in the playground.  I would buy drinks for me and the kids and they would PLAY for an hour or two.  It's just something to get  you guys out of the house for a bit. 

I do think doing work with your 3 year old would be great for him.  My daughter would cry that she had NO homework so I started using those workbooks as her "homework".  She loved it and it kept her from crying.  She is entering 1st grade. 

inmybizz
by Ruby Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 8:44 AM

Great idea.

Before my daughter started kindergarten  I worked with her at home. I joined a home school group in my area. They were great, I learned so much from them.

Are you involved in playgroups in your area? 

DawnPratt23
by New Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 8:46 AM
Great idea.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HisSweetheart07
by Platinum Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 10:10 AM

sounds fun and I thnk he'll enjoy it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)