Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you ever.....

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 7:15 PM
  • 20 Replies

Have you ever donated blood during a blood drive?

Follow Me on Pinterest  
♥"Her children rise up & call her blessed"-Proverbs 31:28♥
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 7:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Life.Happens
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 7:23 PM
Nope.
SassyWildflower
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 8:16 PM

I have a few times. There was a segment on the news talking about the need for blood in my community & I was thinking about donating again since I haven't since high school.

AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Sep. 2, 2013 at 8:22 PM
1 mom liked this
I have not because up until a year ago I was a smoker.. nicotine is in the bloodstream so.. not sure how that would work. Now that I'm smoke free, I would totally donate blood.
sleepy_in_va
by Samantha on Sep. 2, 2013 at 8:44 PM
I tried to in high school. I am a rare type so they need me but I can't donate. My viens are too small and very deep. I have a hard time giving blood for regular pregnancy blood tests. I can't even count how many IV's I've been given that have rolled because of how sucky my viens are.

When I had bacterial menegitus they had like 5 IV's that they tried. If I had the 5th one roll theh were going to put in a central line.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kat0038
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 8:51 PM

I have but it's been awhile

SassyWildflower
by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 8:54 PM

I have had issues with IV's as well..Nothing that bad but I understand what a pain it can be!

Quoting sleepy_in_va:

I tried to in high school. I am a rare type so they need me but I can't donate. My viens are too small and very deep. I have a hard time giving blood for regular pregnancy blood tests. I can't even count how many IV's I've been given that have rolled because of how sucky my viens are.

When I had bacterial menegitus they had like 5 IV's that they tried. If I had the 5th one roll theh were going to put in a central line.

Linds2Horse
by Platinum Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 8:56 PM

No

TardisBlue
by Member on Sep. 2, 2013 at 8:59 PM
Nope, I'm from Europe so I cannot donate to the American blood banks. Neither can my husband because he's been overseas too long.
sleepy_in_va
by Samantha on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:01 PM
I have walked out of hospitals with giant bruises on my arms and hands from where I've had my veins roll. It really sucks. It doesn't matter how hydrated I am either.

I always joke with who ever is taking my blood that I'm like a turnip. You just can't squeeze blood out of me.. haha

Quoting SassyWildflower:

I have had issues with IV's as well..Nothing that bad but I understand what a pain it can be!

Quoting sleepy_in_va:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
psych_mom
by Stacy on Sep. 2, 2013 at 9:03 PM

I've had that happen with viens in my forearms. Some guy thought my husband had beaten me and offered to kick his butt, lol.

Quoting sleepy_in_va:

I have walked out of hospitals with giant bruises on my arms and hands from where I've had my veins roll. It really sucks. It doesn't matter how hydrated I am either.

I always joke with who ever is taking my blood that I'm like a turnip. You just can't squeeze blood out of me.. haha

Quoting SassyWildflower:

Quoting sleepy_in_va:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)