So my kids gave us a wish list- it consisted of one item each- a lap top. A lap top for each kid. We did find a really good deal where they can get bundles, so I guess it is back to the store today to get and hid 3 laptops. I know it sounds frivilous, but the 12 year old is starting to need a computer more and more for homework. The 10 year old is going to need one for full time school work next year when he goes to charter school and well I am not breaking Dana's heart and telling her too bad so sad. She loves playing educational games and reading on the computer so she will use it for educational purposes.
our rules are as follows-
1. We track every website you go to (techy husband can do this).
2. No FB until you are old enough and then we set it up.
3. No carrying the laptop around the house outside of the case it goes in.
4. No food or water near the laptop.
5. No friends on the laptop unless we say and then it is at the dining table.
6. Only a certain amount of time on the laptop each day.
7. Laptop only leaves the house when middle ds needs to take it to school each day.
Can anyone else think of any thing that we are forgetting?