Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

What kind of foods?

Posted by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 9:20 AM
  • 10 Replies

I found out yesterday that my parents are giving dh and I the wedding we never go to have! (it was supposed to be a surprise but dad told us..lol) We have been together for 8 years...Legally married for nearly 5. 

This is going to be a small scale event at a local park under a gazebo. I'm thinking probably 20 people or less on October 26th.

What types of food would you suggest for after the ceremony? I know for sure the cake is taken care of and the chocolate fountain will be there but I'm unsure abou the "main" food.

My mom suggested chili and mini sandwiches..Im not sure..lol..Any suggestions?

Follow Me on Pinterest  
♥"Her children rise up & call her blessed"-Proverbs 31:28♥
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 9:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Oct. 1, 2013 at 9:27 AM
Honestly, I'm not too sure how well chili would go with cake. If it were me I'd probably go to Subway and pick up some sandwich platters. Go for a fancy backyard bbq type of deal.
SassyWildflower
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 9:30 AM
That's what my dad suggested. He said "Idk about Leland but I think I would want a steak." LOL...He wants to do grilled foods. I wouldn't mind some grilled shrimp myself. LOL..But IDK. LOL
Quoting AnGLInterrupted:

Honestly, I'm not too sure how well chili would go with cake. If it were me I'd probably go to Subway and pick up some sandwich platters. Go for a fancy backyard bbq type of deal.
HisSweetheart07
by Platinum Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 9:31 AM
1 mom liked this

happy 

AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Oct. 1, 2013 at 9:37 AM
Grilled foods sound awesome! If the menfolk don't mind, make them cook it all up.. leave the women to deal with more important things.. like flowers!

Quoting SassyWildflower:

That's what my dad suggested. He said "Idk about Leland but I think I would want a steak." LOL...He wants to do grilled foods. I wouldn't mind some grilled shrimp myself. LOL..But IDK. LOL
Quoting AnGLInterrupted:

SassyWildflower
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 9:38 AM
lol..dad said he'd do the cooking..Probably him and my brother. I've been left out of the planning but I'm a control freak and I am making suggestions. LOL
Quoting AnGLInterrupted:

Grilled foods sound awesome! If the menfolk don't mind, make them cook it all up.. leave the women to deal with more important things.. like flowers!

Quoting SassyWildflower:

Quoting AnGLInterrupted:

dalbax2
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 9:44 AM
1 mom liked this

I would do easy things like finger sandwiches, salads, devilled eggs, etc.

dingysfamily
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 12:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Hey, if you want grilled shrimp, go for it ... it's your wedding.  If your dad is willing to do the grilling, then let him.  Who says a wedding reception has to be so formal?  Make it what you & dh want and have a lot of fun.

Quoting SassyWildflower:

Quoting AnGLInterrupted:

SassyWildflower
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 12:25 PM

thanks! I am getting my grilled shrimp. LOL 

Quoting dingysfamily:

Hey, if you want grilled shrimp, go for it ... it's your wedding.  If your dad is willing to do the grilling, then let him.  Who says a wedding reception has to be so formal?  Make it what you & dh want and have a lot of fun.

Quoting SassyWildflower:

Quoting AnGLInterrupted:

psych_mom
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 3:39 PM

I would do something yummy myself. If you guys want steak and shrimp, get steak and shrimp :)

Kmakksmom
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 2:23 PM
I was going to suggest a surf n turf kind of deal *seafood and steak*.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN