Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

Let's talk about Chocolate Chip Cookies....

Posted by   + Show Post

Do you like them soft and chewy or with a crunch? Do you make them homemade or prefer the premade dough from the store? If you make them homemade do you want to share your recipe? If you use premade dough what is your favorite brand?

by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 7:52 AM
Replies (41-50):
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:21 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 9:45 AM
1 mom liked this

That's what I say too :)

Quoting psych_mom:

Even better when you don't have to do the baking, lol.

Quoting hugss:

They are & I have a friend/neighbor that *sometimes* shares with me :)

Quoting psych_mom:

They are best right out of the oven.

Quoting hugss:

I love them soft, hot out of the oven,
Use to make them from scratch .. not any more :)

AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Oct. 5, 2013 at 11:17 AM

I like them soft and chewy.  As many times as I have tried to make them homemade..  I think I've finally learned my lesson.  I like Pillsbury Chocolate Chunk cookie dough.

psych_mom
by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 1:59 PM

If you want them soft and chewy then you take them out a minute or two early. Also use dark brown sugar.

Quoting AnGLInterrupted:

I like them soft and chewy.  As many times as I have tried to make them homemade..  I think I've finally learned my lesson.  I like Pillsbury Chocolate Chunk cookie dough.

AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Oct. 6, 2013 at 9:08 AM

I didn't know about the dark brown sugar but I do take them out a minute of two early.  My problem with making them home made is they always spread out and then bake up fluffy like a cake even if I follow the recipe to a T.  SMH lol

Quoting psych_mom:

If you want them soft and chewy then you take them out a minute or two early. Also use dark brown sugar.

Quoting AnGLInterrupted:

psych_mom
by on Oct. 6, 2013 at 9:10 AM

Sounds like your stove temp may be off. Maybe cook them at little lower temp and try that.

Quoting AnGLInterrupted:

I didn't know about the dark brown sugar but I do take them out a minute of two early.  My problem with making them home made is they always spread out and then bake up fluffy like a cake even if I follow the recipe to a T.  SMH lol

Quoting psych_mom:

Quoting AnGLInterrupted:

AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Oct. 6, 2013 at 9:13 AM

You're probably right about that..  our oven is currently out so that might have been the problem.  I haven't worried about it much because it was summer and we don't use the oven in the summertime.  But now it's fall and I want to bake!!  ::pouts::  LOL

Quoting psych_mom:

Sounds like your stove temp may be off. Maybe cook them at little lower temp and try that.

Quoting AnGLInterrupted:

Quoting psych_mom:

Quoting AnGLInterrupted:

psych_mom
by on Oct. 6, 2013 at 9:24 AM
1 mom liked this

Boo!!!! :(

Quoting AnGLInterrupted:

You're probably right about that..  our oven is currently out so that might have been the problem.  I haven't worried about it much because it was summer and we don't use the oven in the summertime.  But now it's fall and I want to bake!!  ::pouts::  LOL

Quoting psych_mom:

Quoting AnGLInterrupted:

Quoting psych_mom:

Quoting AnGLInterrupted:

Shelly126
by Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 6:07 PM
Quoting cafay:

Soft and gooey. Homemade and I follow the directions on the bag of Nestle semi sweet morsels. With ice old milk.

me too, with the addition of walnuts, I love walnuts in my chocolate chip cookies! Though I've found if I really have a chocolate chip cookie craving and either don't have all the ingredients or the time, Betty Crocker chocolate chip walnut cookies mix in the bag is good. Much better than the refrigerated cookie dough, you can make them soft and gooey like a homemade cookie.
cafay
by Silver Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 6:39 PM
1 mom liked this

That's too funny. My Mom just came to stay with us for a few days and brought up a bag of just that stuff.I kinda wasn't planning on making them but at your suggestion, maybe I will try it! Thank you!

Quoting Shelly126:

Quoting cafay:

Soft and gooey. Homemade and I follow the directions on the bag of Nestle semi sweet morsels. With ice old milk.

me too, with the addition of walnuts, I love walnuts in my chocolate chip cookies! Though I've found if I really have a chocolate chip cookie craving and either don't have all the ingredients or the time, Betty Crocker chocolate chip walnut cookies mix in the bag is good. Much better than the refrigerated cookie dough, you can make them soft and gooey like a homemade cookie.

Shelly126
by Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 6:45 PM
Quoting cafay:

That's too funny. My Mom just came to stay with us for a few days and brought up a bag of just that stuff.I kinda wasn't planning on making them but at your suggestion, maybe I will try it! Thank you!

Quoting Shelly126:
Quoting cafay:

i won't lie, once your used to homemade it's hard to have anything else! But they are much better than that cookie roll! And they don't turn out crunchy or chewy like the roll does. I hope you like them, it's good to have a substitute to keep handy!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)