Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

What Room Would You Love to Update With New Window Treatments?

Posted by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 3:05 PM
  • 146 Replies
4 moms liked this

Some moms find themselves keeping their window treatments the same for many years. If you had the opportunity to give one room a makeover with new window treatments, which room would you choose and why?

CafeMom gave 25 moms Home Depot gift cards to purchase Levolor blinds. 

by on Oct. 15, 2013 at 3:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Featured Replies
wandep
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 4:35 PM

Thank you so much Cafemom, Home Depot and Levelor for giving us this opportunity to update our home. I am super excited about this!!! Hubby and I have not had a chance to decide which room we would like to update with new blinds. I did not realize that the blinds came in different colors till someone mentioned it on here. That will make things interesting!! We have lived in this house for about 5 years now and the blinds that the previous owner has put in are those cheap plastic blinds. At first I was condsidering my bedroom as the redo but then I saw the vertical blinds someone posted pictures of in this post so that might be the way to go. I have a big sliding glass door in my dining room and would love to replace that vertical blind with something new. No telling how long it has been up there. :) So once hubby and I have a chat we will decide which room to do and I will post a picture. I can't wait to get started!!! Thanks again!!! You guys rock!!!

BadGoat
by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 3:00 PM

Thank you so much for giving me this opportunity! We just purchased a home in Florida and will be moving down there really soon! The home has sliding glass doors on the side of it with nothing to keep people from seeing inside. No curtains no nothing! I can't post a picture right now because I am not at the home but will as soon as I can! Something like this from Levolor is what I am thinking and i LOVE the fact that they come in colors!

LevolorĀ®
Free-hanging Vinyl Vertical Blinds

Protect your home from harmful UV rays with the Levolor Vertical Blinds. S-shaped slats allow for tighter closure that's ideal for patio doors and large windows. With an array of styles and patterns, as well as 182 colors to choose from, you can pick out the exact blinds you need. 

Levolor Vertical Blinds are available in fabric, vinyl embossed, and fabric laminate vane styles. An anodized aluminum LXT2000 headrail with self-lubricating tracks and Delrin vane stems make this headrail long-lasting and durable. Vertical Blinds are available with our exclusive AutoWand control options. Woot!

Esmrlda
by Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 1:16 PM

The living room. When we bought the house in 2011 they had the most awful velor and drapes, so heavy, dirty and old.  I couldnt stand them and took them down.  The velor is still up but I have washed them.  If I take them down the two big picture windows look naked.  The two big picture windows face out towards the back yard.  I would love to get some Faux walnut colored blinds just to frame the windows. The ceiling is an A frame wood and there are wood accents in that room.  I think it would look really nice with the Walnut colored blinds.  I will post a pic at a later time.

romalove
by Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 1:30 PM

I am a work at home mom, and I use what should be a TV room as my work space/office.  Other than putting the computer and my work materials in here (the walls are lined with functional shelving) I have not done anything nice for the space.  This room has five foot sliding glass doors that lead to a small deck and the back patio.  There are no window treatments on this door at all, it is the only windowed area that is empty of treatment, and it is the largest one!  To have something pretty and protective from sun/elements/prying eyes of backyard neighbors would be a dream, and certainly would be my first choice for new window treatments.

This is my blank canvas of window that I am excited to change!

RobynS
by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 1:43 PM

When we moved into our house 7 years ago, nearly all of the window treatments (curtains) were included. When our daughter was born 3 years later, the room that became hers had the most hideous curtains. They are heavy and old-fashioned with a floral pattern that would make granny proud! LOL

But, we didn't have money for any extras and she was a baby, so... whatever, right? She only slept in the room at night (she napped downstairs). She never even played up there as she got older.

We finally got her out of the crib at age 4 (yes, 4!) and into a big girl bed. We got her some fun girlie bedding, but haven't painted the boring cream walls yet. And... those UGLY curtains are still hanging there. They are starting to fall down and they don't function properly, so it's hard to open/close them.

Needless to say, DD's room is the FIRST room the comes to mind when we think 'window treatments.' Cannot wait to finally make her room "pretty." Photos to come!!

Kaci
by Kaci on Oct. 8, 2013 at 2:20 PM

I am so happy to have been chosen for this!  For several years now I have been looking for valances for my living room to go over my blinds .I am so picky that I havent been able to find any valances that I really like though .  Some people dont like  valances  but I do .  Its been I know over 5 years  or longer since we put the blinds up. So its  just been plain for quite awhile now. I want something that will make the room feel warm and inviting instead of just "blah".  <Pictures below>

Kaci
by Kaci on Oct. 8, 2013 at 2:25 PM

Mobile Photo

This is the window in my living room. I forgot to mention that one side of the blinds won't stay up when I try to pull it up for more light. I knew I needed to replace these but I have had other things lately that have taken priority.
NocturnesAngel
by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 2:39 PM

I am so excited to have to chosen for this program, "Thank You CafeMom, Home Depot & Levolor" :)

The room that really needs a serious makeover is our livingroom.

It has 1 inch slat mini blinds and off white walls & we actually still have the original traverse rods still on the walls. 

I will post a picture later on tonight or tomorrow.

BadGoat
by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 3:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you so much for giving me this opportunity! We just purchased a home in Florida and will be moving down there really soon! The home has sliding glass doors on the side of it with nothing to keep people from seeing inside. No curtains no nothing! I can't post a picture right now because I am not at the home but will as soon as I can! Something like this from Levolor is what I am thinking and i LOVE the fact that they come in colors!

LevolorĀ®
Free-hanging Vinyl Vertical Blinds

Protect your home from harmful UV rays with the Levolor Vertical Blinds. S-shaped slats allow for tighter closure that's ideal for patio doors and large windows. With an array of styles and patterns, as well as 182 colors to choose from, you can pick out the exact blinds you need. 

Levolor Vertical Blinds are available in fabric, vinyl embossed, and fabric laminate vane styles. An anodized aluminum LXT2000 headrail with self-lubricating tracks and Delrin vane stems make this headrail long-lasting and durable. Vertical Blinds are available with our exclusive AutoWand control options. Woot!

Leeshamak
by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 3:16 PM

Oh my goodness! Thanks so much for this Cafemom and Levelor:)

I have a few rooms I would LOVE to update! I've lived here for 19 years so... you get tired of seeing the same thing over and over.

My kitchen could use some love~ I actually have *no* window treatment in there. Also, my bathroom has a corded set of window blinds that scare me anytime the extra cords fall down~ I'm alsways worried someone will get hurt in those! My sons room has a roll up shade, but he gets up at the crack of dawn so, I'm wondering if room darkening shades might make a difference in there for him? So... I'm kind of at a toss up on what room to choose right now;)

wandep
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 4:35 PM

Thank you so much Cafemom, Home Depot and Levelor for giving us this opportunity to update our home. I am super excited about this!!! Hubby and I have not had a chance to decide which room we would like to update with new blinds. I did not realize that the blinds came in different colors till someone mentioned it on here. That will make things interesting!! We have lived in this house for about 5 years now and the blinds that the previous owner has put in are those cheap plastic blinds. At first I was condsidering my bedroom as the redo but then I saw the vertical blinds someone posted pictures of in this post so that might be the way to go. I have a big sliding glass door in my dining room and would love to replace that vertical blind with something new. No telling how long it has been up there. :) So once hubby and I have a chat we will decide which room to do and I will post a picture. I can't wait to get started!!! Thanks again!!! You guys rock!!!

MichelleK41
by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 5:14 PM

Most defnitely our living room! OMG I am soe xcited to do this as this room I have been wanting to work on so badly especially the windows! I have 2 huge ones in the front and they need some defnite TLC and what better way then with Home Depot Levolor blinds!  This room gets ignored more than any other and its the main room of the house the kids play in and our guests see first.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)