I have a craft you may like to add. It is a spider made of the children's hand prints (from black tempera paint).
- Optional: wiggly eyes
- dip both hands in black paint and print them fingers away from each other and heals of the hand touching.
- When dry, cut out and slightly bend the fingerprints to make legs.
- Poke a pin through the centre and thread a string through taping it to the underside of the spider.
- add wiggly eyes if desired.
You're done! You can hang from anywhere!
Footprint Ghost Craft
Materials needed for this cute footprint ghost are black construction paper, black marker or paint, white tempra or poster paint, large ice cream container lid or sponge paintbrush, and a foot!
If you fold the construction paper in half prior to printing, you can make some really cute halloween cards this way -- use gold or silver gel pens to write Happy Halloween on the front and a message inside!
A viewer wrote..
I just wanted to let you know... I do home daycare and I LOVE to do your crafts with the kids here. They can't wait till activitiy time and they always enjoy whatever craft I choose. I just recently did the ghost footprints craft (for the second year in a row)... I added this little poem I made up. I thought I would share it with you incase you wanted to use it too:
BOO! BOO! BOO!
Happy Halloween to YOU!
No need to be shocked..
These 2 stinky ghosts Are now socked!
I thought it fit well. Keep up the great work and Thank you, Thank you,
Thank you. :o)
- put a piece of dark paper down on the floor (you may want to cover a small area with newspaper to keep things clean).
- Spread white paint in a thin layer on a large ice cream container lid and have the child dip their foot in. Help them roll their foot inward to get paint on their instep as well (TIP: tell them to put their knees together while keeping their feet on the floor).
- use a sponge paintbrush (about 25 cents each at your local hardware or craft store) to spread some white paint onto the child's foot.
- Have the child step onto the dark paper. Again, help them roll their foot inward so their instep stamps too (otherwise your ghost's body will have a bit of a blank spot in the middle).
- Let paint dry (while cleaning up).
- Use black marker or paint to blob on two eyes and a mouth.