Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

Holiday Planning.

Posted by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 3:27 PM
  • 16 Replies

Have you started planning your Holidays yet?  Whatever large holidays your family celebrates have you started planning?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 3:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rocamom
by Platinum Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 3:28 PM

We have started.  We know Thanksgiving will be at my sister in laws house with my husbands family.  We know when our Roca Christmas will be and that it will be at our house.  I just make our travel plans to head to my parents for the week of Christmas :) WOO HOO!!  I'm SO excited and I can't wait.

SassyWildflower
by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 3:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes. We have all holidays at our house b/c 1-it's the biggest house & 2-All planning is up to me. I am getting everything together and then will delegate. After we get the wedding finished, I am going to be in full holiday mode. Bring. It. ON!

Life.Happens
by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 3:43 PM
Yes, we've been planning since Fall began.
.lol...And once Halloween is over, I will be ALL about the holidays.
rocamom
by Platinum Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 3:44 PM

Do you have a lot of family  you deligate to?  My husbands family is kind of big so everyone brings stuff which is nice.  I make a side dish and my hubby makes a dessert but this year I am also making his Birthday cake since Thanksgiving is on his Birthday this year.

For Christmas my parents will do almost all the cooking but my brother will come over and everyone will help.

Quoting SassyWildflower:

Yes. We have all holidays at our house b/c 1-it's the biggest house & 2-All planning is up to me. I am getting everything together and then will delegate. After we get the wedding finished, I am going to be in full holiday mode. Bring. It. ON!

dingysfamily
by Suzi on Oct. 17, 2013 at 3:46 PM

Haven't started planning a single thing!  Dh & I were just talking about that the other day, saying we ... I said 'we', he says 'me' (which is probably closer to the truth actually!!) ... need to start thinking about Christmas presents/shopping.  

SpiritBear76
by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 3:48 PM

Are you kidding me??  LOL!  With this many kids planning for Christmas takes the entire year!  Although, I am in luck this year as we are doing Christmas at my in-laws (which simply means I don't have to do ALL the cooking!!).  Knowing that we were going to do things over there this year, I've been sending things to my MIL all year for her to store until Christmas.  I try not to save all the shopping until the end of the year, so I'm always picking up little things here and there.  I've been looking forward to the drive over the pass since we decided on things back in March! 

suziejax
by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 4:10 PM

Kinda

inmybizz
by Ruby Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 4:29 PM

A little bit. We were just talking about Thanksgiving(where, when, who, why, what)...the basic stuff...LOL!!! 

klamomma2
by Kaila on Oct. 17, 2013 at 5:16 PM

Yes! Yay!  This yr is a bit different, we are doing Thanksgiving Nov 2nd because my sister will be in town for my son's birthday, and she is spending Thanksgiving at her boyfriend's house this year.  I don't know if we will do anything for Thanksgiving again around the real holiday, or if we will just go to my husband's family.  But I hate
leaving my parents here alone. :(  Thanksgiving will probably be at my house and I make everything, but my mom makes the rolls and my aunt brings a surprise, other than that people just come.  

Christmas Eve we have at my house, I make snack foods and treats, then the kids and everyone open gifts from everyone else (except the kids don't open the gifts from us or Santa of course).  Then Santa stops by and says hi, and says he stopped to say Hi while he was traveling the globe and will be back to bring their presents after they go to sleep.  We give him an extra cookie and cup of milk to keep his energy up.  

Christmas Day is at my parents house, we go over early and I help her cook.  Then the day after Christmas we go to KS to see my hubby's family.  

Everything is planned and ready and Christmas has been bought for.  I just have to buy stuff for Stockings once it gets closer :)  This is my favorite time of year!! 

snuggiewoogie
by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 5:36 PM

Not just yet! But soon.....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)