Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

Do You Like Your Home?

Posted by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 9:13 AM
  • 39 Replies

For me I have been extremely grateful to own a small cape code home. But we have since out grown it since moving in years ago. We are moving in Nov due to a job change and will be moving to a larger than my home condo in another city. I am excited for the extra space and will enjoy the conveniences of the condo a while I am sure. But I still long for the day I own my own home again ( already lol). I already am pondering what type of home we would get! 

What about you? Are you staistifed with your current home? Do you have plans to move, rent a bigger place, or own another home than the one your currently in?

by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 9:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SassyWildflower
by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 9:21 AM
we rent our house and I am content with it. there are some things I would change but im not going to complain. for the longest time it was the 4 of us in a 1bedroom house or living with our parents.
our house isn't anything fancy and there are things that could be fixed..lol..but it is super affordable and isn't terrible looking lol.
inmybizz
by Ruby Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 9:25 AM

I love this place... For a first home we couldn't have gotten a better place. It was everything I wanted. Even though this place is fabulous we are in the process of moving.

offrdngal
by Terri on Oct. 18, 2013 at 9:39 AM
We would love to move into a bigger house. Right now, we rent. We'd like to some day buy a house.

suziejax
by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 9:59 AM

Wow that must of been a breath of fresh air when you all moved in! 

Quoting SassyWildflower:

we rent our house and I am content with it. there are some things I would change but im not going to complain. for the longest time it was the 4 of us in a 1bedroom house or living with our parents.
our house isn't anything fancy and there are things that could be fixed..lol..but it is super affordable and isn't terrible looking lol.

suziejax
by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 10:01 AM

smile mini Thats awesome you enjoyed your home!!! 

May I ask why are you moving? That must be tuff to leave a home you love!

Quoting inmybizz:

I love this place... For a first home we couldn't have gotten a better place. It was everything I wanted. Even though this place is fabulous we are in the process of moving.

inmybizz
by Ruby Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 10:05 AM

It is tough but we are building a true dream home so it makes it so much easier..We are also moving to be closer to my daughter's school. 

Quoting suziejax:

smile mini Thats awesome you enjoyed your home!!! 

May I ask why are you moving? That must be tuff to leave a home you love!

Quoting inmybizz:

cafay
by Silver Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 10:26 AM

I have a love hate relationship with our house. On the plus side, we have done a lot of work in this house. We have 2 more rooms to go, but the rooms we have done are nice and I am very pleased with them. It doesn't look like much from the outside,but there is pride in what we have done so far. Best of all, it's where I brought my baby home from the hospital, and it was the house we bought,instead of a honeymoon. On the negative side,it's too small,and it will need more work than we could ever put into it to make it the way we would like. Worst of all, the previous owners did not disclose that the well was running dry, Every day that is a battle,untill we get get another one drilled. And we can't sell it,because who's gonna want to buy a house that has no water?So we are stuck here,untill we can get a new one! And then we will move...I think..... 

muda1954
by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 10:29 AM

we love our home and plan to stay here for awhile,,,we want to move into the country when hubby retires and that will be our final move!

liveforever
by Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 11:26 AM
We just bought our home last year. I love it. It was built in 1923 and still has original moldings, built ins in the dining room, and refinished hardwood floors. I love the character of old homes. There are a few things I'd like to change, but overall I like it! We plan to be here for the next 10-15 yrs.
psych_mom
by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 11:32 AM

I love my house- although it isn't as large and spacious as I would like, but my kids will be teens soon and then they will be off to college after that. The one thing I am going to change is my kitchen layout. I have been working on redesigning it for a long time and I finally figured it out. I am knocking the pantry out so I can add a peninsula to it. I am going to get a stackable washer and dryer set and move my pantry to the other side of the laundry closet and put new doors on there. Then I will have a larger kitchen in the exact same foot print that I have now.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN