Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

Anyone have any toy storage ideas?

Posted by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 12:07 AM
  • 9 Replies

I am looking for toy storage ideas.  I really want some type of cabinet with doors (as opposed to open bins) due to my boys' allergies.  

I am leaning toward the ikea "besta" line.  I like that it has cabinets that can be mounted on the wall to make use of vertical space.   I don't like that it takes so much assembly.  I alo don't like that it is comprised entirely of small cubes.  I wish it has some pieces with more width for longer toys like baseball bats and xylophones.  

I am also considering lining some of the walls with Stor-wall because I just love the convenience.  

Does anyone have any other ideas?   

by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 12:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Sweet2413
by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 12:23 AM
1 mom liked this

Well this may not be what you want to do but this was the  best thing to keep my girls room cleaned and toys off the floor. They asked for what toys they wanted to play with and i would pull it down and if they wanted something different then the toys got picked up and I would get the others down. All the bins were organized like doll stuff in one, dress up stuff in another and so on....

inmybizz
by Ruby Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 9:34 AM

I have a floor to ceiling wall unit that we use for toy storage. 

psych_mom
by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 1:48 PM

I would check out the container store and see if they have anything that works better.

klamomma2
by Kaila on Oct. 23, 2013 at 2:49 PM

lowes has storage that tall cabinets with doors on them and adjustable shelves.

SassyWildflower
by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 5:46 PM

no clue. I could use some ideas for the same thing myself! LOL Hope you find something that works for you!

Planotx
by New Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 10:27 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm kind of like the "besta" system on www.ikea.com because they can be mounted on the wall. I
Quoting klamomma2:

lowes has storage that tall cabinets with doors on them and adjustable shelves.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:16 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 12:09 AM

Not sure but like the ideas you've been given,
Let us know what you decide ;)

blondeb
by New Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 9:09 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Sweet2413:

Well this may not be what you want to do but this was the  best thing to keep my girls room cleaned and toys off the floor. They asked for what toys they wanted to play with and i would pull it down and if they wanted something different then the toys got picked up and I would get the others down. All the bins were organized like doll stuff in one, dress up stuff in another and so on....

Kinda like this idea because you have to take it down and it wound be nice that they cant reach everything and make a gaint mess:)

Planotx
by New Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 10:17 PM
I LOVE how the shelving makes use of the vertical space. The access issue is an added bonus! This is the type of thing I am looking for. i've seen somehing like this, except with cabinets instead of bins. I like the ikea cabinets because they don't look like a kitchen and they are affordable. :-)
Quoting blondeb:

Quoting Sweet2413:

Kinda like this idea because you have to take it down and it wound be nice that they cant reach everything and make a gaint mess:)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)