Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

Need Advice on Home Balance During My Pending Move

Posted by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 10:55 AM
  • 12 Replies

Ok ladies

Here it is.. I like a since of order to my home its bothering me at the moment I do not have that and its getting worst by the day. I am moving on Nov 18th. So husband decided to have one last yard sale this weekend ( before he leaves he moves on ahead of us to his new job Sunday we do not move till nov 18th!) & what ever doesn't sell ( of our decluttering out junk) we will call the Salvation Army donation truck to come get & clear out of the things we are not keeping. Well in the mist of decluterring we have clutter every where lol, plus at same time I have begun to pack boxes such as our tons of books. We are getting a new shelf when we move but for now the old shelves will be sold at yardsale so the books must get packed for example. Well there is moving & yardsale mess everywhere. I am trying to stack in neat piles but my house is so tiny! I have not even begun the major packing and I feel the walls are already closing in on me! LOL I miss my tidy little home & feel in limbo till move day. I thought we where simple people with not a lot of stuff boy was I wrong!

What about you have you ever been in moving limbo?

DO you have any advice to how I can bring more order to it all and feel better in the meanwhile?

by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 10:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
suziejax
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 11:29 AM

bump would love tips!

psych_mom
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 2:15 PM
Bumping to the first page.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sleepy_in_va
by Samantha on Oct. 26, 2013 at 3:51 PM
Is there one space you can completely pack up and then move all yardsale stuff to? That way it is all in one spot? And do the same thing for the stuff you are keeping. This way you know yardsale stuff here keep stuff over there kind of thing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:50 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 4:03 PM

Any way to combine put boxes in one room or in the corners of rooms?

suziejax
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 4:10 PM

I wish. Our house is so tiny with very tiny rooms that we use each one. I will have to ponder this. I might give up my dinning room area and pack everything in there!!

Quoting hugss:

suziejax
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 4:12 PM

Yard sale is now over. What did not sale is now all outside in the shop ( its full at moment) it will now await the Goodwill truck to come on Friday and pick it all up!

The putting all the packed boxes in one spot is a great idea.

Quoting sleepy_in_va:

Is there one space you can completely pack up and then move all yardsale stuff to? That way it is all in one spot? And do the same thing for the stuff you are keeping. This way you know yardsale stuff here keep stuff over there kind of thing.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:50 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 4:14 PM

That sounds like a good idea if you can,
Let us know what you figure out ;)

Quoting suziejax:

I wish. Our house is so tiny with very tiny rooms that we use each one. I will have to ponder this. I might give up my dinning room area and pack everything in there!!

Quoting hugss:

suziejax
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 4:22 PM

Ladies thank you for advice. If anyone has any other ideas I am open. So far I am liking the idea you all mentioned of packing all the boxes into one area. The only area I can spare is my dinning room. But it is tiny. My little table takes up most of it. Once my stuff gets cleared out friday by the donation truck out of the shop I can put the table out there and just do without for these last few weeks. Then I can stack each persons boxes and each room in dinning area. That will leave the rest of my rooms clean and clear of boxes and we can walk!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have no idea why I did not think of this! 

We would of placed all boxes out in shop but its boxes of stuff we still use and husband said the shop is old and mositure gets in and small animals. He preffered the boxes to stay in the house! 

So this solution might just work.........

Thank you ladies for opening my eyes to something so simple. I love a clean flow of my home and it helps bring me peace and chase away anxitey. 

thank you

PinkButterfly66
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 4:25 PM

Get one of those POD thingies and move the boxes that you pack out to the POD.  

suziejax
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 4:27 PM

a lot of its stuff we still use and need to get into whats left now. I did ask dh and he said no to the pod other wise that might would of been a great idea. I guess I could of put it all in there in such a way I could of walked in to get something if I needed it. 

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Get one of those POD thingies and move the boxes that you pack out to the POD.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)