Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

Need Advice on Home Balance During My Pending Move

Posted by   + Show Post

Ok ladies

Here it is.. I like a since of order to my home its bothering me at the moment I do not have that and its getting worst by the day. I am moving on Nov 18th. So husband decided to have one last yard sale this weekend ( before he leaves he moves on ahead of us to his new job Sunday we do not move till nov 18th!) & what ever doesn't sell ( of our decluttering out junk) we will call the Salvation Army donation truck to come get & clear out of the things we are not keeping. Well in the mist of decluterring we have clutter every where lol, plus at same time I have begun to pack boxes such as our tons of books. We are getting a new shelf when we move but for now the old shelves will be sold at yardsale so the books must get packed for example. Well there is moving & yardsale mess everywhere. I am trying to stack in neat piles but my house is so tiny! I have not even begun the major packing and I feel the walls are already closing in on me! LOL I miss my tidy little home & feel in limbo till move day. I thought we where simple people with not a lot of stuff boy was I wrong!

What about you have you ever been in moving limbo?

DO you have any advice to how I can bring more order to it all and feel better in the meanwhile?

by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 10:55 AM
Replies (11-12):
PinkButterfly66
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 4:28 PM

I would not pack stuff you're using now.  That kinda defeats the purpose of packing.  You're spending energy packing and unpacking.  

Quoting suziejax:

a lot of its stuff we still use and need to get into whats left now. I did ask dh and he said no to the pod.

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Get one of those POD thingies and move the boxes that you pack out to the POD.  

suziejax
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 4:30 PM

its not daily use stuff its stuff ( waiting till last week to do that) I pack up and would on a normal basis not need much but the things I have packed so far. wouldn't you know it something 3 times has come up and I would need something I already packed and its items I typically wouldn't need in a week by week thing lol. See I have a lot going on that last week ( other commitments),  besides moving so I am getting as much of the packing done as I can before that week and saving the daily stuff we use for last.

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

I would not pack stuff you're using now.  That kinda defeats the purpose of packing.  You're spending energy packing and unpacking.  

Quoting suziejax:

a lot of its stuff we still use and need to get into whats left now. I did ask dh and he said no to the pod.

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Get one of those POD thingies and move the boxes that you pack out to the POD.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN