Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

Have you gone to a do-it-herself workshop lately?

Posted by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 4:11 PM
  • 7 Replies

I went to the last one and was the only one there.

They have changed,

there is no longer token gifts, 10% discounts, or refreshments.

I was disappointed as I was all set to make some purchases.

Have you experienced the same?

by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 4:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
SassyWildflower
by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 5:28 PM

I have never been to one. Sorry you had a bad experience.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:36 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 7:29 PM

Never ben to any,
sorry it was not a good experience for you.

psych_mom
by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 9:18 PM
Never been to one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Linds2Horse
by Platinum Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 12:15 AM
Are these the Home Depot workshops? I went to a tile one about 10-15 years ago. They didn't have refreshments or any freebies. Now they have DVDs that you can pop into a tv at customer service.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
suziejax
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 2:12 PM

I havent' because they moved from my area. Now we are moving near one again so YAY I can go again!

sleepy_in_va
by Samantha on Oct. 26, 2013 at 3:53 PM
I've never been to one. Sorry it wasn't a great experience.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bergencounty
by Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 4:13 PM

The girl running the pgm was nice. It was the FRONT Porch one. She showed me the mailboxes, doors they had and hardware. She had a Montauk Daisy in a plastic pot ... my yard is full of many perennials, shrubs and a tree we purchased at Home Depot, so I knew what it was. She suggested putting an evergreen in the pot after the plant died. She suggested that I go to RITE AID & pick up plastic stuff for the evergreen ,,,, she was referring to a garland ..lol.I don't think she was a gardener, so she did not know that the daisy was a perennial, but that knowledge comes w/experience. I was eyeing that pot, hoping it was a prize...lol.

She introduced me to the various sales people in the depts, so she did do her job. She thanked me for staying, I chuckled, told her I understood and knew she needed a participant to run the class.

She was a nice person, but I just could not figure out why the program no longer gave customers a coupon .. I talked to customer service & no one had worked there long enough to know the perks that the program once had.

It would be nice if they could reinstate the old format in this store as we shop there often. I was just wondering if the program had changed thru-out the country..

Quoting sleepy_in_va:

I've never been to one. Sorry it wasn't a great experience.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)