Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

Window Treatments At New Place? I Need Advice!

Posted by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 11:38 AM
  • 18 Replies

Ok my Home Life friends, I am moving to a condo in 3 weeks that has 4 yes 4 sliding glass doors. 2 are on my second floor, one heading out of my dining area and one in the living room leading onto my 2nd floor balcony. 

One is on first floor in dd's room and one on ds's room leading to their patios. Thankfully my thrid floor master bed room does not have one lol. 

Ok I have never had so many sliding glass doors in one place in my life. They are there in place of regular windows. SO they will come with the white standard long hanging slat blinds.

• Should I leave them alone and not put any kind of window treatments? They do have blinds up already.
  • Should I get some fancy or plain large long rods and still have window treatments if so what type? Should I do valances or long curtains? Would that look strange?
  • Do you have any other tips or ideas I have not mentioned?

Here are my most fav curtains I purchased this year. I LOVE Them and hate to not be able to use them. Would they look right on the ends of sliding glass doors? I have a set of four of these pannels. I was hoping maybe to use them in living room & dinning room?!

I would show you pictures but we can't get into our place until NOV 18th. So I am pre-planning.

by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 11:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kaci
by Kaci on Oct. 26, 2013 at 12:30 PM
yes I would definitely have window treatments in the two bedrooms. even if its just the blinds that are in there when you move in. And use the curtains in your lr and Dr. I think they would look nice.
sleepy_in_va
by Samantha on Oct. 26, 2013 at 3:57 PM
In the bedrooms at least get curtains. This way if you want to sleep in the curtains will provide more coverage so light can't get in as much.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Today at 12:31 AM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 4:01 PM

Definitely have window treatments,
Are they all close to each other?

psych_mom
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 4:06 PM
1 mom liked this
I would do curtains to help add personality to the rooms and to help darken the bedrooms in the mornings
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
suziejax
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 4:06 PM

Kinda of the dinning area & living room area are open & together so both doors are one same wall just spread apart. I forgot how many feet apart the sliding glass doors are.

Quoting hugss:

Definitely have window treatments,
Are they all close to each other?

suziejax
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 4:08 PM

I was thinking same thing but I think where my hangup was I had never seen someone do curtains around a sliding glass door before. And your right I do want personality in the rooms a dull blind would be so boring. The help darken the bedrooms is a great idea too! 

Quoting psych_mom:

I would do curtains to help add personality to the rooms and to help darken the bedrooms in the mornings

suziejax
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 4:08 PM

very true

Quoting sleepy_in_va:

In the bedrooms at least get curtains. This way if you want to sleep in the curtains will provide more coverage so light can't get in as much.

psych_mom
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 4:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Then you can be a trend setter, lol.

Quoting suziejax:

I was thinking same thing but I think where my hangup was I had never seen someone do curtains around a sliding glass door before. And your right I do want personality in the rooms a dull blind would be so boring. The help darken the bedrooms is a great idea too! 

Quoting psych_mom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
psych_mom
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 4:11 PM

Quoting suziejax:

Quoting psych_mom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
suziejax
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 4:12 PM
1 mom liked this

YAY curtains it is!

Quoting psych_mom:

Quoting suziejax:

Quoting psych_mom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)