Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

They kidnapped my Kindle...

Posted by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 12:35 PM
  • 46 Replies

Last Christmas I bought myself a Kindle Fire since I love to read. I have maybe read 10 books on it since then because my kids found out they can play MineCraft on there and they hijack it everyday so they can play. Today I decided that I just give up, lol. They can keep it and I will enjoy my 5 new books that I bought from the used bookstore. But when they wear the Kindle out playing that stupid game on it all the time, I don't want to hear one compliant, lol.

by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 12:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SassyWildflower
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 12:42 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL i like real books better anyway lol

psych_mom
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 12:48 PM
1 mom liked this
I do too but I always find free ones on the Kindle.

Quoting SassyWildflower:

LOL i like real books better anyway lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sleepy_in_va
by Samantha on Oct. 27, 2013 at 12:53 PM
That's how my sisters kids are with her ipad. I would love to get my two oldest kids some kind of kid friendly tablet for christmas.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JTROX
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 12:58 PM

My son got a kindle last xmas.  It stopped working.  I called the kindle helpline to see how to fix it, and they told me I needed a new one.  They sent a new one at no cost.  :)  So if it wears out, you may be able to get a new one.

psych_mom
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 1:09 PM
My husband is looking at buying me a new one for Christmas that is a no kids allowed. Lol

Quoting JTROX:

My son got a kindle last xmas.  It stopped working.  I called the kindle helpline to see how to fix it, and they told me I needed a new one.  They sent a new one at no cost.  :)  So if it wears out, you may be able to get a new one.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
psych_mom
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 1:10 PM
I think there are some kids only tablets out there.

Quoting sleepy_in_va:

That's how my sisters kids are with her ipad. I would love to get my two oldest kids some kind of kid friendly tablet for christmas.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JTROX
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 1:10 PM

I'm the opposite of you.  I don't have my own, I steal my kid's.  He would like his to be "no mom allowed".  :)

Quoting psych_mom:

My husband is looking at buying me a new one for Christmas that is a no kids allowed. Lol

Quoting JTROX:

psych_mom
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 1:29 PM
1 mom liked this
If I wasn't a book nerd (I've read up to 5 books in a day, lol) I wouldn't care about having one.

Quoting JTROX:

I'm the opposite of you.  I don't have my own, I steal my kid's.  He would like his to be "no mom allowed".  :)

Quoting psych_mom:

Quoting JTROX:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CrystalYaris
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 1:35 PM

lol

My mom stole my iPad! Her computer broke last week, so I let her borrow it. I woke up yesterday morning to a message on Facebook saying "hahaha I'm not returning it!" I responded, "At your age, you need the regular iPad, not the mini. It has a bigger screen so you can read better" It got her to call me 5 minutes later! haha

HisSweetheart07
by Platinum Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 1:37 PM

I prefer regular paper books. My ereader just sits in my office.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN