Chocolate PuddingDuring the winter, my bedroom is not dissimilar to the small, gravity-free, coffin-like spaces where the astronauts slumber. I put in ear-plugs, I cover all exposed flesh, I curl into a fetal position. I do everything I can to keep the cold at bay.

When I do venture forth from my makeshift Space-Shire, it is solely for nutrients. The foodstuffs I consume are meant to impart as much comfort as the nest wherein I sleep. This means I eat a lot of chocolate. Like, cliched-girl-going-through-a-breakup amounts. Then I ask everyone if I look fat. Then, for fun, I cry.

More from The Stir: Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes Are Worth Every Bite

Needless to say, I don't have a lot of time left when this is complete to dedicate to stuff like "cooking". That's why this chocolate pudding recipe is so ideal. Be you a child or an adult gibbering about outer-space, this chocolate pudding recipe is awesome. It's quick, easy, and most likely you've already got all the ingredients in your fridge. Noice!

'Easy Chocolate Pudding' Recipe Adapted from Taste of Home

Ingredients:

• 6 Tablespoons Sugar
  • 1/4 Cup Cocoa Powder
  • 2 Tablespoons Corn Starch
  • 1 1/2 Cups Whole Milk
  • 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
  • Whipped Cream (Optional)
  • Chocolate Shavings (Optional 

Directions:

• In a saucepan, combine the sugar, cocoa and cornstarch.
  • Gradually stir in milk until smooth.
  • Bring to a boil over low heat, stirring constantly.
  • Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat
  • "Stir" (like the very website you are on) in vanilla.
  • Pour into two serving dishes.
  • Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
  • Garnish with whipped topping and shavings aplenty if so desired -- and you do. You desire so very much.

Yield: 2 servings.

Remember when George tried to market and sell pudding skin on Seinfeld? George. What a rascal. What is your favorite moment from Seinfeld?