Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

Do people really turn on the TV to watch a Yule Log on Christmas day?

Posted by   + Show Post

I posted this in another group, but curious what you all think too...

I saw a commercial a little bit ago about how this channel is going to have a 24 hour yule log on Christmas day.... 

Do people really turn on the tv to sit and watch a yule log all day?

by on Dec. 16, 2013 at 11:42 AM
Replies (41-47):
la_bella_vita
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 1:01 AM

I've always wondered that too, LOL

the3Rs
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 10:26 AM
2 moms liked this

So funny - we saw that as an option in Netflix.  There are two "episodes". Episode 1 is with Christmas music, episode 2 is no music.

It was hilarious.  And NO we don't.  We prefer our REAL fireplace, lol.

amonkeymom
by Bronze Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 2:39 PM

group hug

Quoting mjosephine:

Alone and sad this year, not expecting a gift,card or phone call from any members of my family..my parents,siblings long dead.  My 2 grown children living their own lives ( I don't know where )  My great nieces and nephews busy with their children.Being half blind and half deaf a yule log on TV sounds nice. Does it have music/ carols with it?

Tee_L
by Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 3:58 PM

Nope, I have to many people ion my house for this to even come close to being possible. I was only able to get about 1/2 of the Thanksgiving day Parade while cooking before someone came in and decided to change it. At least that day I was able to play the "mom" card and get a Christmas movie. Otherwise the background sounds in my house are usually fueled by the x-box. 

nowynd
by Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 3:58 PM

Not just Christmas....but even right now for me!  LOL  Netflix has one with 2 episodes.  One has the fireplace with crackling sounds and the other one has Christmas music with the fire.  I love it!  Good background.  I miss not having a wood stove.  I move on to something else when I want to actually "watch" something though.

nowynd
by Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 4:02 PM

The one on Netflix has both...music included (instrumental) or not...your choice.

Quoting mjosephine:

Alone and sad this year, not expecting a gift,card or phone call from any members of my family..my parents,siblings long dead.  My 2 grown children living their own lives ( I don't know where )  My great nieces and nephews busy with their children.Being half blind and half deaf a yule log on TV sounds nice. Does it have music/ carols with it?

steelcage
by Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 4:44 PM

Nope. We have a wood stove and MIL has a fireplace. We use youtube and the radio for Christmas music.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)