Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

House buying update :)

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 2:35 PM
  • 41 Replies

Today we submitted round 5 of documentation to the mortgage company, lol. This afternoon it all goes to the underwriter and on Friday or Monday we shoud know the conditions (such as home owners insurance, appraisal, etc) and go from there.

by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 2:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cafay
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2013 at 2:47 PM

Oh Good Luck! Are you nervous? I would be a mess. I hate the waiting game so much!

psych_mom
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 3:07 PM

A little bit. I really hate waiting, but we have been waiting and waiting and waiting with each step so it has become the norm for our every day life, lol.

Quoting cafay:

Oh Good Luck! Are you nervous? I would be a mess. I hate the waiting game so much!

kajira
by Emma on Dec. 18, 2013 at 3:08 PM

That is AWESOME.

I'm still trying to find a house down in texas, preferably one I can buy outright with cash, we have a few options, I just have to see what's still available in a few weeks when I have cash in hand to do it.

I hope you get the terms you want, how exciting is that?

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 10:20 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 3:28 PM

It's a long stressful process ::sigh::
You're getting there slowly but surely.
Hoping you are not too stressed :)

Quoting psych_mom:

Today we submitted round 5 of documentation to the mortgage company, lol. This afternoon it all goes to the underwriter and on Friday or Monday we shoud know the conditions (such as home owners insurance, appraisal, etc) and go from there.

psych_mom
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 3:30 PM

Thankfully our interest rate ended up being lower than the first told us, the bank that has our house is kicking in a lot of closing cost, and we love the house so it is worth all the work.

I hope you find something fast!

Quoting kajira:

That is AWESOME.

I'm still trying to find a house down in texas, preferably one I can buy outright with cash, we have a few options, I just have to see what's still available in a few weeks when I have cash in hand to do it.

psych_mom
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 3:31 PM

It looks like we are 1/2 way through it, lol. I am not too stressed, but I think all the prying has stressed dh out.

Quoting hugss:

Quoting psych_mom:

kajira
by Emma on Dec. 18, 2013 at 3:31 PM

That is great that they are doing that, and lower interests rates are always a bonus.

What's the first thing you are going to do when you move in?

Quoting psych_mom:

Thankfully our interest rate ended up being lower than the first told us, the bank that has our house is kicking in a lot of closing cost, and we love the house so it is worth all the work.

Quoting kajira:

That is AWESOME.

psych_mom
by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 3:33 PM

Take a bath in the soaker tub and then start painting! LOL

Quoting kajira:

That is great that they are doing that, and lower interests rates are always a bonus.

Quoting psych_mom:

Quoting kajira:

That is AWESOME.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 10:20 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Dec. 18, 2013 at 3:33 PM

Aww hopefully not too bad for him though
1/2 way is good, whew :)

Quoting psych_mom:

It looks like we are 1/2 way through it, lol. I am not too stressed, but I think all the prying has stressed dh out.

Quoting hugss:

Quoting psych_mom:

kajira
by Emma on Dec. 18, 2013 at 3:35 PM

hahahahahah Sounds like a good plan.

I can't decide if I want a fixer upper now that i'm pregnant, or just to do owner financing and get a nice house that needs no work.

Quoting psych_mom:

Take a bath in the soaker tub and then start painting! LOL

Quoting kajira:

Quoting psych_mom:

Quoting kajira:

That is AWESOME.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)