Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

You guys will be so proud of me

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2013 at 10:25 PM
  • 47 Replies
1 mom liked this
Not only did I finally get a crockpot this week, I finally went to IKEA. DH, DS and I braved the crowds and pushed down the aisles like sardines going down river in July. Lol. It was so packed!

I bought a rattan chair that I'm going to spray paint, juice glasses because we've almost broken all of ours, an ice cream scoop for .99, and a coated wire whisk that I can use in my non stick pots and pans. .... Oh and some glass vases that I saw in HGTV magazine.

We spent some time looking at the closet systems. If like to get those for our closets

Have you ever shopped IKEA? What do normally buy when you go shop there? Are the closet systems any good?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 28, 2013 at 10:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
VintageWife
by Tiffany on Dec. 28, 2013 at 11:37 PM

I've never been to one.

HisSweetheart07
by Platinum Member on Dec. 28, 2013 at 11:40 PM
Never been but i window shop online. I want the storage system for the kids toys
hugss
Take Some *Time Out* for You. Join our Friendly/Supportive :)
Yesterday at 10:54 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Dec. 29, 2013 at 12:05 AM

YaY on the crockpot!  You will love it!
Brave you were to go there, LOL
Sounds like you made out well too with all your goodies.

We don't have one here but I have been before elsewhere.
They are going to build one soon so maybe I will get there.

Glad you had so much fun too doing all that ;)

Quoting Linds2Horse: Not only did I finally get a crockpot this week, I finally went to IKEA. DH, DS and I braved the crowds and pushed down the aisles like sardines going down river in July. Lol. It was so packed!

I bought a rattan chair that I'm going to spray paint, juice glasses because we've almost broken all of ours, an ice cream scoop for .99, and a coated wire whisk that I can use in my non stick pots and pans. .... Oh and some glass vases that I saw in HGTV magazine.

We spent some time looking at the closet systems. If like to get those for our closets

Have you ever shopped IKEA? What do normally buy when you go shop there? Are the closet systems any good?

Linds2Horse
by Platinum Member on Dec. 29, 2013 at 12:43 AM
Its over an hour away so not exactly local for us either

Quoting hugss:

Quoting Linds2Horse: Not only did I finally get a crockpot this week, I finally went to IKEA. DH, DS and I braved the crowds and pushed down the aisles like sardines going down river in July. Lol. It was so packed!

hugss
Take Some *Time Out* for You. Join our Friendly/Supportive :)
Yesterday at 10:54 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Dec. 29, 2013 at 12:46 AM
1 mom liked this

A fun place to go every so many months when you need a few things,
Glad you have one that close.
Not sure how far ours will be when it gets built :)

Quoting Linds2Horse: Its over an hour away so not exactly local for us either

Quoting hugss:

AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Dec. 29, 2013 at 1:33 AM
Awesome! We have one in our metroplex. I want to go shopping there so bad!!
Linds2Horse
by Platinum Member on Dec. 29, 2013 at 1:46 AM
1 mom liked this
It seems like an easy place to spend a lot of money in one trip and not realize it until you check out.

Quoting AnGLInterrupted: Awesome! We have one in our metroplex. I want to go shopping there so bad!!
rocamom
by on Dec. 29, 2013 at 7:11 AM
What are you going to make in your crockpot?? I love mine.

I have not been to an IKEA. The closest one to me is over an hour away.
Linds2Horse
by Platinum Member on Dec. 29, 2013 at 10:20 AM
I think I'm going to make sesame chicken from a recipe in another group here on CM. I thought about making a beef dish but everything requires 2lb of chuck roast and we don't eat that much red meat.

Our Ikea is an hour away and it's located in a very congested area so it took us a while to get in and parked. It was probably like going to the mall this week- which I don't do because I hate crowds.

Quoting rocamom: What are you going to make in your crockpot?? I love mine.

I have not been to an IKEA. The closest one to me is over an hour away.
suziejax
by on Dec. 29, 2013 at 10:47 AM

Wow very aewsome! I have never shopped IKea but I have seen their stuff online and love it. Now that I live in a city that has an Ikea its a must visit place soon on my long list of places to visit! I might would today but I have to work today doing an Mystery Shop  at Toys R Us  ( they are paying me today to pretend I am pregnant and make a gift registery come home and write a report about it lol) and run aruns plus its so rainy out! I might make a visit to Ikea tomorrow when its not so rainy!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN