Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

Are you making any resolutions?

Posted by on Dec. 29, 2013 at 11:04 AM
  • 32 Replies
1 mom liked this

Do you make new year's resolutions or do you just skip them? If you make them, what are your resolutions for 2014?

by on Dec. 29, 2013 at 11:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SouthernKYSass
by on Dec. 29, 2013 at 11:13 AM

I usually don't, but I'm thinking I might this year. Not sure what they'll be yet.

suziejax
by on Dec. 29, 2013 at 11:17 AM
2 moms liked this

Nope.. I started a few years ago to make goals ( short term & long term). I will just carry over my  Long term goals from last year I am still doing that are on going. To long a list to list! LOL ,,I will say all of my short term goals from last year I met!

AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Dec. 29, 2013 at 11:20 AM
1 mom liked this
I made a resolution in 2012 to quit smoking and get into better shape. I gave myself 6 months after I quit to start getting healthy.. but I had some setbacks. In 2013 I was too sick to really do anything but exist lol.

So.. for 2014, my resolution is to work on ME. Go to the doctor and get stuff sorted out, eat better and exercise a lot more. I don't expect to be skinny by Jan 1st 2015, bit I can start to live healthier. :)
suziejax
by on Dec. 29, 2013 at 11:23 AM

goodThats awesome girl! I wish you the best and hope you have a healthy new year !!!!!!

Quoting AnGLInterrupted: I made a resolution in 2012 to quit smoking and get into better shape. I gave myself 6 months after I quit to start getting healthy.. but I had some setbacks. In 2013 I was too sick to really do anything but exist lol.

So.. for 2014, my resolution is to work on ME. Go to the doctor and get stuff sorted out, eat better and exercise a lot more. I don't expect to be skinny by Jan 1st 2015, bit I can start to live healthier. :)

psych_mom
by on Dec. 29, 2013 at 11:31 AM

I don't think that anyone should ever set a goal to be skinny- a goal to be healthy is what they should focus on. You know that is my goal, so I am always here for support :) I hope that you are able to get everything worked out this year. I know that you will keep us posted on how that goes.

Quoting AnGLInterrupted: I made a resolution in 2012 to quit smoking and get into better shape. I gave myself 6 months after I quit to start getting healthy.. but I had some setbacks. In 2013 I was too sick to really do anything but exist lol.

psych_mom
by on Dec. 29, 2013 at 11:32 AM
1 mom liked this

Awesome that you met all your goals. I think since you are starting out in a new place, it is best to continue to focus on the long term goals and I bet you come up with new short term goals as you go along :)

Quoting suziejax:

Nope.. I started a few years ago to make goals ( short term & long term). I will just carry over my  Long term goals from last year I am still doing that are on going. To long a list to list! LOL ,,I will say all of my short term goals from last year I met!

psych_mom
by on Dec. 29, 2013 at 11:32 AM

If you decide to make some, please share.

Quoting SouthernKYSass:

I usually don't, but I'm thinking I might this year. Not sure what they'll be yet.

AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Dec. 29, 2013 at 11:34 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh I don't want to be skinny.. I like a little meat on my bones lol. But I do want to be much healthier. :) My daughter deserves to have her mom around for awhile!

Quoting psych_mom:

I don't think that anyone should ever set a goal to be skinny- a goal to be healthy is what they should focus on. You know that is my goal, so I am always here for support :) I hope that you are able to get everything worked out this year. I know that you will keep us posted on how that goes.

suziejax
by on Dec. 29, 2013 at 11:34 AM

Thanks! Exactly I haven't even made my short term yet but like you said as I go along I will get some I am sure! smile mini

Quoting psych_mom:

Awesome that you met all your goals. I think since you are starting out in a new place, it is best to continue to focus on the long term goals and I bet you come up with new short term goals as you go along :)

Quoting suziejax:

psych_mom
by on Dec. 29, 2013 at 11:44 AM
1 mom liked this

A little meat on the bones is good, lol. Even when I was at 125, I still had a little meat on my bones. Some people go way too far. It is good that you have the right attitude about it.

Quoting AnGLInterrupted: Oh I don't want to be skinny.. I like a little meat on my bones lol. But I do want to be much healthier. :) My daughter deserves to have her mom around for awhile!

Quoting psych_mom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN