Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

Welcome to Home Life! Let's get to know each other, introduce yourself here!

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 12:51 PM
  • 47 Replies

wave  Welcome to the Home Life group!

This is a great place to talk about what's going on in your life.  Everything from crafts to recipes to home decor and more

Please reply to this post & introduce yourself!

Here are some questions to get you started (feel free to cut & paste below to answer):

1. What's on your mind today?
  2. What kind of home do you live in?  Who do you share your home with?
  3. What is your favorite kitchen appliance?

After you've replied here, say hello to the other moms who've replied!
"Quote" their replies so they know you're talking to them. You can "Like" their replies as well.

juggling  Amy

PS: Here are some helpful links:

by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 12:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Jan. 1, 2014 at 1:19 PM

Hi everyone!

I'm Amy.  I live in Colorado with my 16 year old daughter and my youngest son (12).  My oldest is all grown up and living on his own these days.  I also have 2 dogs and 1 cat and am a single mom.  I purchased my first (without my ex) home in 2013 and am looking forward to having a great year and making new memories in 2014!

If you have any questions about this group, please feel free to contact me at any time by clicking on my user name above.  

happy new year  Amy

Shari55
by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 1:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi, my name is Shari I live in Chicago with my DH and DD2 who is 24 and DD3 who is 19 and three cats. I have a DD who will be 37 on Sunday, which means I will be 59 in August...gosh that is so hard to fathom! Anyway I am a nanny and I watch three children, I watch a girl who is one years old on Saturday, Sunday and Monday and the other two are a girl age 3 and boy age 1 on Tuesday-Friday.

1. What's on your mind today? As pretty as it is, I wish it would stop snowing
  2. What kind of home do you live in? I live in an apartment Who do you share your home with? My DH and DD2 and DD3 and three cats
  3. What is your favorite kitchen appliance? Coffee Maker 

My Second career, Nanny..self employed at last

Shari

Shari55
by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 1:58 PM

Hello Cafe AmyS, I use to live in Colorado Springs, years ago when my husband was in the Army.

Quoting Cafe AmyS:

Hi everyone!

I'm Amy.  I live in Colorado with my 16 year old daughter and my youngest son (12).  My oldest is all grown up and living on his own these days.  I also have 2 dogs and 1 cat and am a single mom.  I purchased my first (without my ex) home in 2013 and am looking forward to having a great year and making new memories in 2014!

If you have any questions about this group, please feel free to contact me at any time by clicking on my user name above.  

happy new year  Amy

My Second career, Nanny..self employed at last

Shari

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Jan. 1, 2014 at 4:25 PM

Did you like it there?  How long were you there?

Quoting Shari55:

Hello Cafe AmyS, I use to live in Colorado Springs, years ago when my husband was in the Army.

Quoting Cafe AmyS:

Hi everyone!

happy new year  Amy

Shari55
by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 4:34 PM
1 mom liked this

I loved it there and we want to go back someday, I did visit about eleven years ago when my oldest brother got married up in Denver. I lived there about six years (three with my exhusband, one year as a single parent), the other two were with my husband, before we went to Germany.

Quoting Cafe AmyS:

Did you like it there?  How long were you there?

Quoting Shari55:

Quoting Cafe AmyS:

Hi everyone!

happy new year  Amy

Shari(8/55), wife to John(6/52) since (4/88), Mom to Heather (1/77) she is mom to five b(9/99),b(1/01),b(5/03),g(6/04) g( 8/06), Nyssa(4/89) Michaela(8/94) and three cats

suziejax
by on Jan. 5, 2014 at 7:25 AM
2 moms liked this

Hi my name is Suzie. I am a work from home sometimes and sometimes out of the home,, mom of 2. My son is in college and my youngest I homeschool. I have many hobbies and passions but my fav of all is being a homemaker. I enjoy being active in my community. 

amonkeymom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 5, 2014 at 1:41 PM

Hi Suzie!  How old is your homeschooler?

Quoting suziejax:

Hi my name is Suzie. I am a work from home sometimes and sometimes out of the home,, mom of 2. My son is in college and my youngest I homeschool. I have many hobbies and passions but my fav of all is being a homemaker. I enjoy being active in my community. 

suziejax
by on Jan. 5, 2014 at 3:52 PM

She is now 14! :-)

Quoting amonkeymom:

Quoting suziejax:

amonkeymom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2014 at 11:55 AM

Has she always homeschooled?

Quoting suziejax:

Quoting amonkeymom:

Quoting suziejax:

suziejax
by on Jan. 6, 2014 at 11:58 AM

Well she went to prek and to kindergarden but homeschooled after that ,,, she learned how to read only 3 words in kindergarden by using the site method they use here. I pulled her out and taught her how to read they way I taught my son with good old fashion phonics and she was reading 2 grade levels above her age in 6 months!! After that we kept on homeschooling.

Quoting amonkeymom:

Has she always homeschooled?

Quoting suziejax:

Quoting amonkeymom:

Quoting suziejax:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)