Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

Welcome to Home Life! Let's get to know each other, introduce yourself here!

Posted by   + Show Post

wave  Welcome to the Home Life group!

This is a great place to talk about what's going on in your life.  Everything from crafts to recipes to home decor and more

Please reply to this post & introduce yourself!

Here are some questions to get you started (feel free to cut & paste below to answer):

1. What's on your mind today?
  2. What kind of home do you live in?  Who do you share your home with?
  3. What is your favorite kitchen appliance?

After you've replied here, say hello to the other moms who've replied!
"Quote" their replies so they know you're talking to them. You can "Like" their replies as well.

juggling  Amy

PS: Here are some helpful links:

by on Jan. 1, 2014 at 12:51 PM
Replies (41-47):
amonkeymom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 12:52 PM

I love my crockpot too!

Quoting DillCocoMommy:

I forgot about the crockpot one of my favs also

4HMomto3
by on Apr. 25, 2014 at 3:39 PM
2 moms liked this

Hi, new here. I'm April. 

1. What's on your mind today? ~ Not a whole lot, just killing time till the kids get out of school. 
  2. What kind of home do you live in? ~ Its a Manufactored Home on a few acres in the woods.  Who do you share your home with? ~ My husband, 3 kids, dog, 2 cats ,some chickens, and some ducks. 
  3. What is your favorite kitchen appliance? ~ The stove, I mostly cook from scratch and use the stove/oven most of the time. 
amonkeymom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 27, 2014 at 11:51 AM

Welcome to the group April, it's nice to meet you!  What is your favorite thing to cook/bake?

Quoting 4HMomto3:

Hi, new here. I'm April. 

1. What's on your mind today? ~ Not a whole lot, just killing time till the kids get out of school. 
  2. What kind of home do you live in? ~ Its a Manufactored Home on a few acres in the woods.  Who do you share your home with? ~ My husband, 3 kids, dog, 2 cats ,some chickens, and some ducks. 
  3. What is your favorite kitchen appliance? ~ The stove, I mostly cook from scratch and use the stove/oven most of the time. 

4HMomto3
by on Apr. 28, 2014 at 9:06 AM

I really don't have a favorite, I try to cook at least 4 new dinners a week ( I find new recipes on pinterest). I like to cook casseroles, veggies in all different ways, basically anything I can find that looks good and is made of fresh ingedients. I recently made Cauliflower tots and now the kids want them to replce tator tots the next time I make breakfast casserole. My family loves to make new things and create new recipes. 

Quoting amonkeymom:

Welcome to the group April, it's nice to meet you!  What is your favorite thing to cook/bake?

Quoting 4HMomto3:

Hi, new here. I'm April. 

amonkeymom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 1:46 PM

Oh, cauliflower tots, how do you make those?

Quoting 4HMomto3:

I really don't have a favorite, I try to cook at least 4 new dinners a week ( I find new recipes on pinterest). I like to cook casseroles, veggies in all different ways, basically anything I can find that looks good and is made of fresh ingedients. I recently made Cauliflower tots and now the kids want them to replce tator tots the next time I make breakfast casserole. My family loves to make new things and create new recipes. 

Quoting amonkeymom:

Quoting 4HMomto3:

Hi, new here. I'm April. 

4HMomto3
by on Apr. 28, 2014 at 2:15 PM

I found the recipe  on pinterest :)  I used dried parsley instead of the fresh and onion powder, I didnt have any minced onion. 

Cauliflower Tots

If you need a way to get your family to eat more vegetables, give these a try. These kid-friendly cauliflower tots are so good, they won't realize they are eating cauliflower. They are great as a side dish and are easy to make. 

Last year I fell in love with zucchini tots, and since adapted the recipe using cauliflower instead during the colder months when zucchini isn't in season. I also had issues with them sticking to my mini muffin pan, and found making them on a non-stick baking sheet the perfect solution. My older daughter loves these, but my toddler still prefers to eat her vegetables raw (go figure!). I plan in trying these with broccoli next, will let you know how they turn out! Cauliflower Tots
Skinnytaste.com
Servings: 4 • Size: 8 tots • Old Points: 3 pts • Points+: 4 pts
Calories: 148 • Fat: 5 g • Protein: 10 g • Carb: 16 g • Fiber: 3 g • Sugar: 2 g 
Sodium: 397 mg (without salt) • Cholesterol: 47 mg

Ingredients:

• 2 cups cooked cauliflower florets, finely chopped *see note
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 large egg white
  • 1/2 cup onion, minced
  • 3 tbsp minced fresh parsley
  • 1/2 cup reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese, grated
  • 1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • cooking spray

Directions:

*to cook the cauliflower florets, steam a little over 2 cups raw cauliflower florets in a little water covered for for 4 to 5 minutes or until tender but not mushy, then drain well and dry on paper towel, then using a knife finely chop and set 2 cups aside.

Preheat oven to 400°F.  Spray a nonstick cookie sheet with cooking spray.

In a medium bowl, combine all of the ingredients and season with salt and pepper to taste.

Spoon 1 tablespoon of mixture in your hands and roll into small ovals. Place on the cookie sheet and bake for 16-18 minutes, turning halfway through cooking until golden.

Makes about 32 - 34 tots

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2013/11/cauliflower-tots.html

Quoting amonkeymom:

amonkeymom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 2:35 PM

Those sound great!  I bet my daughter would enjoy them, and she hates cauliflower.

Quoting 4HMomto3:

I found the recipe  on pinterest :)  I used dried parsley instead of the fresh and onion powder, I didnt have any minced onion. 

Cauliflower Tots

If you need a way to get your family to eat more vegetables, give these a try. These kid-friendly cauliflower tots are so good, they won't realize they are eating cauliflower. They are great as a side dish and are easy to make. 

Last year I fell in love with zucchini tots, and since adapted the recipe using cauliflower instead during the colder months when zucchini isn't in season. I also had issues with them sticking to my mini muffin pan, and found making them on a non-stick baking sheet the perfect solution. My older daughter loves these, but my toddler still prefers to eat her vegetables raw (go figure!). I plan in trying these with broccoli next, will let you know how they turn out! Cauliflower TotsSkinnytaste.comServings: 4 • Size: 8 tots • Old Points: 3 pts • Points+: 4 ptsCalories: 148 • Fat: 5 g • Protein: 10 g • Carb: 16 g • Fiber: 3 g • Sugar: 2 g Sodium: 397 mg (without salt) • Cholesterol: 47 mg

Ingredients:

• 2 cups cooked cauliflower florets, finely chopped *see note
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 large egg white
  • 1/2 cup onion, minced
  • 3 tbsp minced fresh parsley
  • 1/2 cup reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese, grated
  • 1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • cooking spray
Directions:

*to cook the cauliflower florets, steam a little over 2 cups raw cauliflower florets in a little water covered for for 4 to 5 minutes or until tender but not mushy, then drain well and dry on paper towel, then using a knife finely chop and set 2 cups aside.

Preheat oven to 400°F.  Spray a nonstick cookie sheet with cooking spray.

In a medium bowl, combine all of the ingredients and season with salt and pepper to taste.

Spoon 1 tablespoon of mixture in your hands and roll into small ovals. Place on the cookie sheet and bake for 16-18 minutes, turning halfway through cooking until golden.

Makes about 32 - 34 tots

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2013/11/cauliflower-tots.html

Quoting amonkeymom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)