Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

What would you think of this snack? Updated

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2014 at 12:33 AM
  • 19 Replies
1 mom liked this
My son's Cub Scout den meeting is at our house Tuesday evening. I want to serve a healthy snacks but not boring. I had the idea of doing a yogurt bar. I would have regular and Greek vanilla yogurt. The boys could then add granola, honey, diced apples, strawberries, or crushed Oreos.

Does this sound like a good idea or a bad idea. Would you let your kids eat it? Would they want to eat it? Any topping suggestions?

Update: the meeting was last night and we did the yogurt bar. It was a huge success! I bought two big containers of Greek and one regular. We finished all of it and even dipped into my personal stash. We has granola, strawberries, sliced apples and crushed Oreos. Even the parents made a "sundae"
by on Jan. 26, 2014 at 12:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dingysfamily
by Suzi on Jan. 26, 2014 at 2:30 AM

I think it might be a good idea for a group of ladies.  It might work for a group of young boys.  But then, some may not care for yogurt.

campingmomof4
by on Jan. 26, 2014 at 8:07 AM

I would double check with the scout leader to make sure no body has allergies for milk, etc.  My girls would have loved a snack like this.  But my boys wouldn't have like this. 

amonkeymom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2014 at 2:09 PM

Yum.  My son would love it, but I don't know about other boys.

Linds2Horse
by Platinum Member on Jan. 26, 2014 at 10:28 PM
Thanks everyone for your feedback
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
my4littlegirls
by Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 8:53 AM

It sounds like it make take too much time out of the meeting. Just me though.

Cozie_Sisika458
by Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 8:54 AM
Mine would eat it sounds like a good snack.
VinVanMom
by Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 12:05 PM

My kids would love that.  

michelle623
by Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 3:11 PM

My girls would like that.

SpiritFortress
by Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 4:02 PM

I think it's a good idea. Sounds yummy. My kids have always liked yogurt. If there are boys who don't like yogurt, you could offer them just the fruit and cookies. 

mamavalor
by New Member on Jan. 27, 2014 at 4:13 PM

My kids would love it.  Additional toppings could be sliced bananas, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, diced mangoes, diced kiwi, diced pineapples, and my kids' all time favorite Dole's mandarin oranges.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)