Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

For the past couple of weeks I hadn't been feeling very well and the things I had to do had been overwhelming me and I couldn't figure out why. At the beginning of last week I started having a lot of pain in a very sensitive area. There was swelling, redness, and it kept spreading and spreading and it was snowing and the snow was causing ice on the roads and we live on back roads so we weren't going anywhere. Finally on Thursday I decided that I couldn't take anymore because the pain was at an all time high- worse than a migraine headache bad. Worse than any surgery bad. I went to the ER and I had a Bartholin's gland that had abscessed and the infection had spread to the surrounding area. I have been having pressure there and a low grade fever for over the last week.

Women only have these, they are what lubricate the vagina and what they don't us is that they can  become infected, abscessed, and that there are 3 kinds of cancers that women can get in this gland or around it. I had to have an incision made in this gland and have it drained. It was one of the most traumatic things I have ever had to go through as an adult. They have to clean out the area that they cut into and then pack the incision to draw the infection out of deeper tissue. If you have any pressure or pain there, don't ignore it. Keep an eye on it and talk to your gyno.

by on Feb. 3, 2014 at 7:38 AM
Replies (11-19):
Linds2Horse
by Platinum Member on Feb. 3, 2014 at 4:29 PM
I'm so sorry. I hope you feel better soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
psych_mom
by on Feb. 3, 2014 at 4:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you Barbie.

Quoting Linds2Horse: I'm so sorry. I hope you feel better soon.

RobinMarie
by on Feb. 3, 2014 at 7:15 PM

That is so scarey! I hope you start to feel better soon!

psych_mom
by on Feb. 3, 2014 at 7:31 PM

Thank you. It was scary, but I think the worst of it is over now.

Quoting RobinMarie:

That is so scarey! I hope you start to feel better soon!

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:20 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Feb. 3, 2014 at 7:32 PM

Hugs to you hon,
Glad you're on the mend.
Great to see you :)

Quoting psych_mom:

For the past couple of weeks I hadn't been feeling very well and the things I had to do had been overwhelming me and I couldn't figure out why. At the beginning of last week I started having a lot of pain in a very sensitive area. There was swelling, redness, and it kept spreading and spreading and it was snowing and the snow was causing ice on the roads and we live on back roads so we weren't going anywhere. Finally on Thursday I decided that I couldn't take anymore because the pain was at an all time high- worse than a migraine headache bad. Worse than any surgery bad. I went to the ER and I had a Bartholin's gland that had abscessed and the infection had spread to the surrounding area. I have been having pressure there and a low grade fever for over the last week.

Women only have these, they are what lubricate the vagina and what they don't us is that they can  become infected, abscessed, and that there are 3 kinds of cancers that women can get in this gland or around it. I had to have an incision made in this gland and have it drained. It was one of the most traumatic things I have ever had to go through as an adult. They have to clean out the area that they cut into and then pack the incision to draw the infection out of deeper tissue. If you have any pressure or pain there, don't ignore it. Keep an eye on it and talk to your gyno.

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Feb. 3, 2014 at 9:21 PM

Oh, ouch!  I'm sorry you had this happen and I'm glad you're on the mend now.  

psych_mom
by on Feb. 3, 2014 at 9:41 PM

Thanks Amy. I know it isn't usually something that is put out there, but women need to know this can happen. It is a hard surprise to be hit with, lol.

Quoting Cafe AmyS:

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Feb. 3, 2014 at 9:44 PM

You're right!  It is important!

Quoting psych_mom:

Thanks Amy. I know it isn't usually something that is put out there, but women need to know this can happen. It is a hard surprise to be hit with, lol.

Quoting Cafe AmyS:

TheJerseyGirl
by on Feb. 9, 2014 at 8:28 AM

Good grief, girl! That sounds awful!

Thank goodness you went to ER and had it taken care of before it got any worse. Hope you're feeling better!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)