Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

Room of the day- 2/23

Posted by on Feb. 23, 2014 at 8:50 AM
  • 17 Replies

Good morning ladies :) Today we have a master bedroom.

by on Feb. 23, 2014 at 8:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kajira
by Emma on Feb. 23, 2014 at 10:48 AM

too white, I like the floor, but i would have done  adarker theme.

SlightlyPerfect
Me after The Bean got on the school bus this morning...
Today at 9:20 PM
by Member on Feb. 23, 2014 at 11:14 AM
Screams "Grandma!!!!!" to me.
psych_mom
by on Feb. 23, 2014 at 12:01 PM

I bet you would love my new bedroom furniture. No white or light colored wood at all.

Quoting kajira:

kajira
by Emma on Feb. 23, 2014 at 12:18 PM

haha nice - I'm going to be remodeling mine and getting new furniture once I move!

Quoting psych_mom:

I bet you would love my new bedroom furniture. No white or light colored wood at all.

Quoting kajira:

psych_mom
by on Feb. 23, 2014 at 12:19 PM

This is the dresser. I don't have a good picture of the bed and night stand.

Quoting kajira:

haha nice - I'm going to be remodeling mine and getting new furniture once I move!

Quoting psych_mom:

Quoting kajira:

kajira
by Emma on Feb. 23, 2014 at 12:28 PM

nice wood colors.

I actually won't be using dressers, I plan on california/closeting our closet space. I cannot stand dressers. the last dresser I had, my jeans broke the drawer when I pulled it out. LOL I hate stuffing clothes into drawers, I like having them folded on shelves that are open faced, so I can see stuff.

After having had both, my husband gave me the go ahead to put shleves in our closets and bins to make it be a better place for the clothes, rather then using dressers in the room, I always hide the dressers in the closet anyways because I hate that they take up so much space.

I have to have a twin matterss + a dog crate for my 3 mastiffs in our bedroom they take up a lot of room. LOL

Quoting psych_mom:

Quoting kajira:

Quoting psych_mom:

Quoting kajira:

michelle623
by Member on Feb. 23, 2014 at 12:28 PM

Not my style

psych_mom
by on Feb. 23, 2014 at 12:33 PM

We had to put furniture in our bedroom, it was empty before, lol. We still have a ton of space left over.

See, the bed just floated in the room, lol. We still have a 13x13 sitting room that is empty right now as well. Our dresser is not even full because most of the clothes are in the closet, lol.

Quoting kajira:

nice wood colors.

I actually won't be using dressers, I plan on california/closeting our closet space. I cannot stand dressers. the last dresser I had, my jeans broke the drawer when I pulled it out. LOL I hate stuffing clothes into drawers, I like having them folded on shelves that are open faced, so I can see stuff.

After having had both, my husband gave me the go ahead to put shleves in our closets and bins to make it be a better place for the clothes, rather then using dressers in the room, I always hide the dressers in the closet anyways because I hate that they take up so much space.

I have to have a twin matterss + a dog crate for my 3 mastiffs in our bedroom they take up a lot of room. LOL

Quoting psych_mom:

Quoting kajira:

Quoting psych_mom:

Quoting kajira:

kajira
by Emma on Feb. 23, 2014 at 12:39 PM

ours has a nook off he Master bedroom that's like a small office. - I'll be turning into a retreat for my husband so if the twins are noisy, he can still get some sleep. (plus put a mini fridge in there, to hide all the goodies in the house from the kids. My oldest steals it if you don't lock them up because he doesn't like being told NO. LOL)

I plan on ripping out the wall (it's a half wall) for the Master bathroom and making it a walk in bathroom - I want to put in a jetted tub, a nice sitting shower, and a W/D hook up so I don't have to go all the way out to the garage.

right now, there's about a 2 foot hallway in the bathroom and there's no way I can bathe, or take a shower and have room to set TWO babies while I bathe, so I can watch them and make sur emy older kids don't try to run off with the babies or something. (my youngest LOVES babies, but she's 3, so I don't trust her not to try and pick them up with out asking first. haha)

We'll have a king sided bed, a co side sleeper, plus baby stuff, a rocking chair, a twin mattress + crate for the mastiffs and a TV/computer system for watching movies in our room. I may get us a couch too if there's room.

Downstairs, I have two living rooms, one will be the formal living room + my computer, and the one off the kitchen will be the kid's play room. LOL

We've been talking about converting the garage into a game room/play area as well, for a hockey table, + trampoline - but that would probably happen next year.

Quoting psych_mom:

We had to put furniture in our bedroom, it was empty before, lol. We still have a ton of space left over.

See, the bed just floated in the room, lol. We still have a 13x13 sitting room that is empty right now as well. Our dresser is not even full because most of the clothes are in the closet, lol.

Quoting kajira:

nice wood colors.

Quoting psych_mom:

Quoting kajira:

Quoting psych_mom:

Quoting kajira:

kajira
by Emma on Feb. 23, 2014 at 12:41 PM

this is the walk-in master bath that needs redone : 

This is the nook off the Master bedroom : 

as you can see, the house were getting needs some remodeling, but i have some great plans for this house. LOL

Quoting psych_mom:

Quoting kajira:

nice wood colors.

Quoting psych_mom:

Quoting kajira:

Quoting psych_mom:

Quoting kajira:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)