Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

How often do you reorganize your kitchen?

Posted by on Mar. 16, 2014 at 12:22 PM
  • 21 Replies

When you organize your kitchen, do you move things around?  Put the plates in a different cabinet or change where you keep the pots/pans?

by on Mar. 16, 2014 at 12:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
psych_mom
by on Mar. 16, 2014 at 12:41 PM
1 mom liked this

I like to keep things the way they are, it is more of putting things back where they are supposed to be since my husband and kids do the dishes, lol. I usually do it about once a month.

dalbax2
by Bronze Member on Mar. 16, 2014 at 3:07 PM
I only have 2 cupboards in my kichen. It is my pantry that gets all unorganized.
CDW75
by Member on Mar. 16, 2014 at 3:14 PM
My kitchen in so small that things have to stay where they are. However, I do organize the pantry once a month.
AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Mar. 16, 2014 at 8:58 PM

I generally don't re-organize my kitchen.  I like for family and friends to know exactly where everything is.

I do clean out and organize the pantry and fridge/freezer before every large shopping trip as I'm making my list.  :)

kajira
by Emma on Mar. 16, 2014 at 11:31 PM

No, between my OCD and autism, once things get put in a set way I'll actually cry if people re-organize my kitchen or move my stuff around. LOL

I'm not "set" on a place in my kitchen yet because I'm going to redo my entire kitchen cabinets so it's functional. I want to build a pantry instead of a section of cabinets I have, move the fridge over so it doesn't block the doorway like it currently is... (or move it so it can actually hook up to the plumping so the water/ice maker work?) and fix the cabinets so they are functional for dishes with a corner one with a spice rack built in.... with an island for pots/pans and storage in the middle with a cutting block for the island.

Right now, I can barely use my counters because the cabinets are so low.

mamamiajk
by Silver Member on Mar. 17, 2014 at 7:16 AM

Weekly it seems! lol

dingysfamily
by Suzi on Mar. 17, 2014 at 12:08 PM

I haven't reorganized my kitchen in years; it's organized now where everything is where it works best for us.  When we got the new pantry a couple of months ago I did do a little bit of reorganizing of some of the food stuff/staples, but most of that was just being able to bring some of the things from the basement upstairs really and get some of the things from one of the lower cabinets up to where it made it easier for me to get to them, and also get stuff off higher cabinet shelves to where I could reach them.  I'm a firm believer in not messing with a good thing once you've already got a good system in place.

HisSweetheart07
by Platinum Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 1:35 AM

not often enough for my liking. I haven't quite found that perfect 'everything in its place' yet. I will probably rearrange and reorganize till we get the renovation done on it (and it's not even planned to be done for another 4 years!) lol

campingmomof4
by on Mar. 18, 2014 at 7:16 AM

I have lived in my house for 17 yrs.  The only thing I have changed is my silverware drawer.  That was years ago.  It is funny to watch my dil that only visit's 1 time a year still go in the old drawer. 

la_bella_vita
by Bronze Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 10:03 PM
No, when I reorganize it's to make things more accessible
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)