Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

Postal Tracking

Posted by on Apr. 17, 2014 at 8:15 AM
  • 5 Replies
What's the point in paying the extra for tracking on packages?

In a perfect world it would be wonderful to track the package to its destination. However 6 out of 10 times they never scan the package to update the tracking!!!!

Im sure it is overwhelming with the amount of packages they receive daily but if I pay for tracking, it would be nice to get it.

/vent of the morning
by on Apr. 17, 2014 at 8:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
dalbax2
by Bronze Member on Apr. 17, 2014 at 8:20 AM
I thought the tracking was included now. Everytime I have mailed stuff out w/in the past 6 months or so the tracking has been included at no extra charge.
HisSweetheart07
by Platinum Member on Apr. 17, 2014 at 8:47 PM
1 mom liked this
Only for first class packages but you pay more to ship it which is equal to the price of regular shipping plus tracking.

Quoting dalbax2: I thought the tracking was included now. Everytime I have mailed stuff out w/in the past 6 months or so the tracking has been included at no extra charge.
psych_mom
by on Apr. 17, 2014 at 9:14 PM

The scanning actually happens when it goes through certain machines. It may be that the machines don't pick up the tag or the package ended up upside down on the scanner.

AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Apr. 18, 2014 at 1:29 PM
1 mom liked this

For the USPS?  I have no clue.  It would be awesome if it were a standard thing like for FedEX or UPS.  I am waiting on a new phone case from Amazon and they are telling me it could be delivered between the 17th (yesterday) and the 22nd.  Well that's like a 5 day window, so thanks haha.

amonkeymom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 18, 2014 at 2:19 PM

I've never had any issue with it.  I have found though when I don't pay for tracking they tend to lose whatever I'm sending.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)