Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

Choosing a Color Palette for your Kitchen

By HoosierHomemade on Jun. 2, 2014 at 4:25 PM

Color is everything! This is so true when it comes to your kitchen. The wrong choice can make a well designed area dull and dungeon like where the correct choice can be the defining element to finish off the room.

We’ve already figured out our personal style and some of the major elements that will go into the kitchen, now on to the color. Luckily there are an abundance of tools available when it comes to choosing a color palette. One of the easiest is a visit to the paint department at your local store. Paint manufacturers want you to use their products and they are always on top of the latest trends in color and want to keep you informed.

Even a hint of color can give your kitchen an instant facelift. Whether you add some curtains with a pattern or color, or a coordinating backsplash, perhaps even purchasing appliances that are colorful, just stay within the same color family and you will be pleased with the outcome.

All you need to do is match your style to the color of your choice.

• Country, keep it subtle and stay away from stark and overly bright choices.
  • Modern, whites and blacks and bright colors are your choice.
  • Traditional, creams with accents in earth tones are the way to go.
  • New Age, anything goes.

Above all, when you are choosing a color palette, be sure you fit your personality and the theme of your home. If you home if vintage or country, you probably don’t want a kitchen full of modern colors like bright teal, red or yellow. But don’t worry if you chose wrong, re-painting is one of the easiest ways to transform your kitchen or home and most generally low cost as well.

Do you find it difficult to choose colors for your kitchen or home?

HoosierHomemade About :
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
  • elasmimi
  • by on Jun. 3, 2014 at 3:37 PM
  • Yes, it's the hardest part of decorationg for me. I always wanted a yellow kitchen from the time I was a child, dreaming of my own home. Never had one til now. But it's been yellow for 10 years, and I'm ready for a change.

• Quote Reply
  • aneela
  • by on Jun. 3, 2014 at 4:19 PM
  • we rent so in terms of the color in there it is what it is...I have not really added  too many decor  items in the kitchen right now

• Quote Reply
  • RobynS
  • by on Jun. 3, 2014 at 4:41 PM
  • I love color! I've always wanted reds in the kitchen, but have yet to go there. In my old kitchen, we painted the cabinets white and the walls "melon" or "mango." I called it my carribbean kitchen (or cuban, maybe? I don't remember). It just felt sort of tropical to me. :)

• Quote Reply
  • sukainah
  • by on Jun. 3, 2014 at 5:27 PM
  • We rent, so there is not much I can do other than add decor.  I am going for a coffee theme, but it's just not enough yet.

• Quote Reply
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)