Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

THESE MOMS INTRODUCE YOU TO THEIR PERFECT KITCHEN

Two bloggers, who are moms like you, share their personal experiences around creating their own perfect kitchens. These bloggers were compensated for their participation in this program.

VivaFashion

VivaFashion

Carmen's Dream Kitchen

Read Posts
HoosierHomemade

HoosierHomemade

Liz's Ultimate Kitchen

Read Posts

Designing a Kitchen to fit Your Personality

By HoosierHomemade on Jun. 2, 2014 at 4:25 PM

Designing anything can be one of the most daunting tasks you can face. So many choices and decisions that your mind can seem to be on overload. And one of the most daunting areas of the home to design is the kitchen. Today let's talk about designing a kitchen to fit your personality.

While some of you may thrive on figuring the perfect layout and accessories that go into a kitchen design I am exactly the opposite. Just when I think I know how I want my kitchen to feel and how the work flow should be laid out I change my mind or something else catches my eye and I need to adjust my plans. To help get my indecisiveness under control I've learned to use these simple steps.

• Before you start, decide on a theme to carry through out the design of the room. Are you more inclined to an urban feel than country, or do your tastes run more modern as opposed to a provinsional style?
  • Once your decision is made you can then move on to the next decision which is new, redo or reuse. What elements of your current design do you love and wish to use in the new design. Ideally the major appliances are keepers and you won't have the major expense of replacing them.
  • Now that you have made it this far you get to do my favorite part of design, gathering inspiration from other people and publications. This can include taking ideas that you find in magazines and online like Pinterest and blogs that specialize in designing.
  • When this is complete you get to go shopping! It's great that there is so much available to choose from when we hit the store but it can be overwhelming if you are not prepared so it helps to list everything out and have the design choices made ahead of time.

What tips can you add to this list to help others design their kitchen to fit their personality?

HoosierHomemade About Liz: Liz here from Northwest Indiana. Most of the time you will find me working on our two blogs, HoosierHomemade.com and PocketChangeGourmet.com. Along with my husband, we run the business together full time. When we aren't working, we are enjoying time with our teenage boys, working on our home, and our yard.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
  • sukainah
  • by on Jun. 4, 2014 at 3:13 PM
  • I was just looking on Pinterest because I really want to work on my coffee theme in my kitchen.  They had some cool ideas!

• Quote Reply
  • Desirae1394
  • by on Jun. 4, 2014 at 3:58 PM
  • Ita about checking out magazines and stores. There's a lot out there that I just didn't know about. 

• Quote Reply
  • RobynS
  • by on Jun. 4, 2014 at 4:01 PM
  • I used to love watching shows like Trading Spaces to get unique ideas for decorating/remodeling. Currently it's not in our budget, so I'm trying not to even think about all the things I'd like to do! ;)

• Quote Reply
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)