Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

Are you in your forever home?

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2014 at 6:20 AM
  • 16 Replies

Do you see yourself there for many years or have plans to move? Why or why not is it your perfect home?

by on Jun. 20, 2014 at 6:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rockchickmom
by New Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 6:49 AM

I am hoping to be here long term. UNless we win lotto and can afford to build one or buy a new home..this is it

otoole
by New Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 6:53 AM
No I'm renting right now. I'd love to being my own home forever. With kids u want that place to call home. I hate renting
Steph75
by Silver Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 7:24 AM
Yes, this is our forever home. I love it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CrossStitchMum
by on Jun. 20, 2014 at 7:27 AM
No we are renting but even the home we own and lived in for 6 years wasn't our forever home. It just never felt like home, just a stepping stone to something better
Sister_Someone
by on Jun. 20, 2014 at 7:29 AM

I don't believe in a "forever" anything. I'm more of a "This works, until it doesn't" kind of person. For now, my home is a good fit for me and I have no immediate plans to move.

Forever, though? There is no such thing as forever. I'm more opportunist than sentimental. If I have a good enough reason to move, I might not even be in this city, say, five years from now.

MamaBear2cubs
by Bronze Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 12:23 PM

Nope we plan to find a bigger space soon after our next baby is born.

louannwilkins
by Bronze Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 3:56 PM

No definitely not.  My house burned down a couple of years ago and I haven't really gotten back on my feet yet so to speak

BegoniaViolet
by Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 6:14 PM

No we are renting now and at the end of our years lease. Both our jobs  slowed down a bit and earnings slowed down to so we were pinching pennies alot in this past year. Hubbies contract is coming around and he has been getting more work lately so we are planning on upgrading to another rental situation but with more room to roam in the new place. We are about to take the next step up in getting a better place but the ladder in our lives has a couple more years before we can even reach the top. We are taking it year by year, baby steps and setting small goals before reaching the bigger goals. We play the lotto and we both have our numbers and they do come up every once in a while but not when we buy the daily ticket.

Larsbug
by Bronze Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 8:09 PM

no, we need a bigger house...we didn't realize that baby #3 was so soon on the way and while this works for a little while longer, maybe next summer or the summer after we will need to find something bigger

CMay2CK
by on Jun. 20, 2014 at 8:22 PM
I hope not, but I also don't see the money to move anytime soon.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)