Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

THESE MOMS INTRODUCE YOU TO THEIR PERFECT KITCHEN

Two bloggers, who are moms like you, share their personal experiences around creating their own perfect kitchens. These bloggers were compensated for their participation in this program.

VivaFashion

VivaFashion

Carmen's Dream Kitchen

Read Posts
HoosierHomemade

HoosierHomemade

Liz's Ultimate Kitchen

Read Posts

A Place For Everything And Everything In It's Place

By HoosierHomemade on Jul. 2, 2014 at 12:00 AM

Have you ever wondered where the phrase "a place for everything and everything in it's place" originated? I've always thought that it surely started when someone successfully organized their kitchen space. Let's face it, a well organized kitchen makes dinner time a more enjoyable experience for the home cook.

From pots and pans to silverware and serving utensils, spices and pantry essentials. For an organized kitchen you need two things, adequate storage space and the efficient use of the available storage space. Both of which can be accomplished with little thought and careful consideration of your needs.

Cabinet styles can have a real impact on how you will need to organize and store the items they will hold. Open front cabinets are ideal for everyday items, plates, bowls, and glasses store well in these. For items that you will be using occasionally then a closed front cabinet serves well and if designed right can add an architectural element to the kitchen as well. Kind of a two for one scenario.

For those items that you rarely use like that roaster you only pull out for a holiday dinner or those over-sized serving platters store them in another area of the house. We've set up shelves in our basement just for this purpose. I know not everyone has a basement but every dwelling has some under used space that can be converted for this use.

There are all sorts of ways to add storage options to your kitchen, wire racks designed to keep your cooking pans are a great way to maximize your space. And thinking outside of the box can really pay off in both cost and functionallity. I've found that using standing file folder racks make great way to keep my baking sheets organized.

And a great way to maximize the viewability in your pantry or anywhere items seem to disappear in the back of cupboards and cabinets is to elevate them. Racks with legs work well but if you are handy with a saw you can make your own out of 2x4's and 4x4's cut to fit the size of your shelves.

I'd love to hear your most unique way you have found to maximize your kitchen storage?

HoosierHomemade About Liz: Liz here from Northwest Indiana. Most of the time you will find me working on our two blogs, HoosierHomemade.com and PocketChangeGourmet.com. Along with my husband, we run the business together full time. When we aren't working, we are enjoying time with our teenage boys, working on our home, and our yard.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
  • hillmom
  • by Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 11:53 AM
  • I have none! But somethign I SO need to start. 

DD1 May 2007*DS Feb 2010*DD2 Aug 2012*Surprise Oct/Nov 2014

• Quote Reply
  • Bob192
  • by on Jul. 2, 2014 at 11:10 PM
  • We store our bulk cleaning products and paper products on a shelf in the garage to save space in the pantry.

• Quote Reply
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)