Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

Is your home big enough or is it to big?

Posted by on Jul. 3, 2014 at 8:52 AM
  • 67 Replies

Do you have enough room for all the people living in your house or do you feel like you are constantly tripping over everyone? 

DD1 May 2007*DS Feb 2010*DD2 Aug 2012*Surprise Oct/Nov 2014

by on Jul. 3, 2014 at 8:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hillmom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 3, 2014 at 8:54 AM

The 2 bedroom we live in is FAR to small for the 5 people (my husband, a 7 year old girl, a 4 year old boy and a soon to be 2 year old girl) living here and it will be even smaller come this fall, when the baby is born. The only room in the house, for the kids to play, is in the main walk way between rooms. I'm constantly walking on someone (this floor plan sucks too). WE hope to be moving this year to a 4 bedroom. Hope it can happen before baby is born. 

Whereismymind
by Member on Jul. 3, 2014 at 10:43 AM
1 mom liked this
Our apartment is just about the right size, 5 of us in a 2 bedroom also.
7,5 year old boy in one room.....myself, Dh and our almost 16 month old in the other room.
We came from a much smaller place so it seems huge here
Larsbug
by on Jul. 3, 2014 at 12:15 PM

mmm technically we have room but in a couple years we will need something bigger... DH and I have the master, each boy has their own room, and my mom has her own room. Once the baby comes we will put the boys together to share and baby will have their own room until we move. We bought this house last year and I made sure to buy a tri-level so the kids had their own playroom and the adults have the family room. I need a bigger kitchen too...

wandep
Feeling excited for the New Year! :)
Friday at 7:03 PM
by Bronze Member on Jul. 3, 2014 at 12:47 PM
2 moms liked this

Just right! :) 3 bedroom/2 1/2 bathrooms....living room, family room, play room, kitchen, and dining room...screen porch too and laundry room. :) 2100 sqft. 

Love our house but does need to a bit of work.

notjstanothrmom
by Member on Jul. 3, 2014 at 2:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Three kids in a 2 bedroom apartment right now. Our apartment is huge, we have giant closets, a full private attic, a massive yard, and two separate living spaces so we have space enough to live fine, but my kids need their own rooms. We are closing on a house and it is going to be a major change because there we have 4 large bedrooms, tons of closet space, a basement with three rooms and a storage space, a huge 2 car garage with living space above it and a massive yard. We are going to have so much more space. Not too much though, I think enough to be very comfortable and we can downsize when the kids are grown.

Robin-Christine
by Member on Jul. 3, 2014 at 3:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Right now perfect for a family of 3,I technically have 2 rooms I could use as bedrooms however the one is only 8*8,a twin bed and a dresser. it could be cute however you need to go thru a bedroom to get to it so privacy is a huge issue there.  As of now it is storage. The other room is huge however no privacy, it is in the middle of our home and both bedrooms  are off this room as well as the living room. again no privacy. Now this room is the playroom,computer, toyshelf,  walls used to display sons artwork. I would love to  move the   wall shelves up higher and add a couch and turn into a family room. 

SweetLuci
by Bronze Member on Jul. 3, 2014 at 9:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Plenty of room. 3 bedrooms, 3 baths for the three of us. But we do often have company and it's nice having the guest room/craft & sewing room.

PogoPalOj
by on Jul. 3, 2014 at 9:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Our home is currently 820 sf. by the time we done remodeling it will be about 1200 sf.  It is just my husband and me now.  Our daughter is grown.  There will be enough room for the grand kids to come visit and we are making most of the rooms handi-cap accessible.

coala
by on Jul. 3, 2014 at 9:50 PM

We are currently in a 3/2....1100 sq ft.  We are moving over the next couple of weeks to a 5/4....3500 sq ft.  My family needs more space.  My 2 girls are sharing a room currently because we needed a bedroom as an office.  My SO and I both work from home and we homeschool our kids.  We are constantly on top of one another and it makes us crazy.

OP...I don't know how you do it with that many people in a 2 bedroom.

handy0318
by on Jul. 3, 2014 at 9:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Ours is just about right. We have a living room and family room...so if some one wants to read while others are watching tv, there is room for that. Everyone has their own bedroom and we have a computer/storage/guest room... 

It's amazing how much room we think we need these days though. There were 6 of us when I was growing up and we were in either 1-2 bedroom homes with just one living room and one bath. Didn't move into a 3 bedroom/2 bath home until I was 12 and I was the youngest. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN