Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

Where does clutter collect in your house?

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2014 at 12:53 AM
  • 17 Replies

What do you do to declutter?

by on Jul. 8, 2014 at 12:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
earthangel1967
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 3:42 AM

Since it's just Todd and I and we are both very clean organized type people and very anti clutter, we don't have a real clutter problem.. the closest thing I can think of is sometimes when  he goes thru his mail he puts it on top of the microwave when he  gets home from work, so then when he gets out of shower I say .. honey is any of this trash and usually it's not because he already threw the trash parts out and then I say is the rest of this keepers? And if he says yes then I say "OK I am putting it in your mail drawer ok? " and I put it in a drawer that I have inside our walk in closet that I designated especially for his mail.  

Clutter gone taa daaa. lol 

View Full Size Image YVONNE

wandep
by Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 7:11 PM

I try to declutter every so often. 

hillmom
by Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 8:08 AM
Everywhere at the moment. I need to completely purge every room, and get a good filing system going.
cntrdmom
by Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 8:22 AM
We have very little stuff and even less surfaces for this very reason. Clutter accumulates in a certain kitchen drawer, on the mantle, and on the end of my kitchen counters. Every so often I have a purge and cleanse and clean it all.
We need a book shelf.
jewels.unicorn
by Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 9:18 AM

Us too, it's everywhere. There are stacks of papers to go into the filing cabinet - ON TOP of it, lol... and it has a lift up lid, not a slide out drawer, so it's a total pain to put stuff in, grr.

Quoting hillmom: Everywhere at the moment. I need to completely purge every room, and get a good filing system going.

hillmom
by Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 9:40 AM
I completely understand! It is a habit I desperately need to develop.

Quoting jewels.unicorn:

Us too, it's everywhere. There are stacks of papers to go into the filing cabinet - ON TOP of it, lol... and it has a lift up lid, not a slide out drawer, so it's a total pain to put stuff in, grr.

Quoting hillmom: Everywhere at the moment. I need to completely purge every room, and get a good filing system going.

STVUstudent
by on Jul. 9, 2014 at 9:49 AM

every flat surface... makes my wife crazy.  Gather it up into a tote bag until I have time to sort it out.

Whereismymind
by Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 10:17 AM
We battle constantly with clutter.....
My husband is a minimalist but we live with limited space so it looks cluttered.
It is clean though.
PeachQuean
by Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 11:08 AM

In my closet between the kitchen and the living room. And believe it or not my stairs collect a lot of clutter. lol 

I live in a 3 story semi detached, we have 2 sets of stairs that are crazy steep, and 15 stairs on each. 

My laundry room is in the basement (which is also the main enterance) I throw the dirty laundry on the stairs till the next time someone goes down there, so till then my stairs get pretty cluttered. lol 

I always say I should put a basket at the top of the stairs to put dirty stuff in, but I never do, seems easier to just throw it down there. lol 

And when I carry clean clothes up, they sit on the stairs and clutter it up too (stirs to the third floor) lol I bring them up next time I go up, doing 30 stairs constantly all day wares me out....Yup I said it I AM LAZY. lol 

amonkeymom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 9, 2014 at 11:49 AM

It collects on the kitchen counter by the back door.  Drives me bonkers!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)