Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

My Dream Kitchen

By VivaFashion on Jul. 9, 2014 at 11:35 PM

What's your dream kitchen like? Do you spend hours watching all those home makeover shows getting ideas or flipping through glossy magazines (okay, well maybe not HOURS, but perhaps a few minutes once the kiddos fall asleep?)

The kitchen is one of the last things we plan on renovating in our home, but every now and then I picture what my dream kitchen would be like. Sometimes I can't seem to make up my mind-I have so many design crushes! I feel like I would love a sleek and modern kitchen, with dark wood cabinets, granite countertops. Other times, I'll see a picture of an all-white kitchen like this picture and instantly fall in love with how chic and fresh it looks.

Appliances wise, my husband would love a Viking steel gas range with a built-in griddle for making pancakes in the mornings. 

What style kitchen do you dream about? Are you more of a sleek and modern gal, old world rustic, or perhaps a French Victorian kitchen is right up your alley? What appliances are on your wish list?

VivaFashion About :
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
  • StreetsAhead
  • by Member on Jul. 10, 2014 at 6:04 AM
  • I have my dream kitchen.
    A big kitchen/diner/family room.

The kitchen part has white tops (marble) and charcoal grey doors. We live in a mid 18th century house so wanted it to look modern but also fit with the building. We have a big aga to cook on and in. Big butler sink.
    I love it :)
  • Quote Reply
  • earthangel1967
  • by on Jul. 10, 2014 at 7:08 AM
  • I don't mind having a tiny kitchen for just Todd and I at all! I  do wish we had one or two drawers though since we  have none! lol  I like that it's all white but If I could redo the kitchen we have, I'd add one or two drawers and I would make the white cabinetry more ULTRA modern instead of painted white, I'd change the  white cupboard door handles to something more lux like rhinestone look something like these: 

as a matter of fact, since we are renters (though hope to live here all our lives) I am seriously thinking of buying these type of handles and unscrewing the white ones that are on there now and putting them in ziploc bag in storage in case god forbid we ever have to move I can just put them back on. 

Also I would change counter top to black or gray or mix granite countertop 

I would change kitchen sink faucet to something like this... 

that looks ULTRA modern and is also touchless (works without touching) 

I would change the white fridge, stove/oven and dishwasher with stainless steel and would have automatic ice maker in the fridge. (  I use a LOT of ice lol)  and I love how my stove top at my house I sold had the ceramic solid flat electric range top... that was my favorite stove.. (the top was black) I would like that type of stove top again.. no dirty burners ever.. and makes more counter space when not hot.. LOVED it. 

I'm happy with my ninja blender and my ordinary microwave lol I am happy with everything else in the kitchen tiny or not. I don't need nor want a big kitchen anymore although it was nice having a big kitchen  when we were raising the 5 teens in past.  

I like the wood floors we already have in our kitchen although I would like to make them the  ultra SHINY type of wood floors instead of normal wood floors.

View Full Size Image YVONNE

• Quote Reply
  • la_bella_vita
  • by on Jul. 10, 2014 at 12:35 PM
  • I don't have a dream kitchen, I mean, I have seen kitchen's I adore but I'm not sure what my dream kitchen would be....I just want enough room to cook : ) 

• Quote Reply
  • ceciliam
  • by Bronze Member on Jul. 10, 2014 at 1:01 PM
  • I have an all white kitchen, with the exception of the island  that I painted black,  that I love. The only thing I didn't get was my white marble since we were told it wasn't very practical. The last thing that will make my kitchen perfect for me  is getting rid of the tile floor and putting down a dark strand woven bamboo.

• Quote Reply
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN