Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

3 Color Stains for a Modern Kitchen

By VivaFashion on Jul. 16, 2014 at 12:00 AM

When we first moved into our home, our kitchen featured cherry wood stained cabinets. We've been thinking about changing the look of our kitchen to go for a more modern and contemporary feel. Instead of replacing our cabinets, a cost-effective alternative is to simply stain them.

After doing some research we found out The Home Depot can actually renew your wood cabinets by updating the color or stain. They offer a service called N-Hance in which they can renew the life and luster of your cabinets if you're on a budget.  

Here are 3 color stain options to give your kitchen a modern update: 

1. Dark Brown: This is a rich, deep hue that can instantly add a sleek and sophisticated factor to your kitchen. It would go great paired with stainless steel hardware. Often times it can also be referred to as Espresso.

2. Light Brown-This is a color I've been spotting lately in modern furniture and would also go great for a modern and contemporary kitchen. It will give your kitchen character, while looking fresh. 

3. White-White has been around for a long time, but it can still manage to give your kitchen a modern look and not to mention it looks so clean and chic.  I love the idea of white cabinetry paired with stainless steel appliances.

One of our main concerns whenever we take on a home project is having to leave our house so our baby doesn't get exposed to all the dust and fumes, so I really like that N-Hance can renew your wood cabinets without dust and noxious fumes (which are typically associated with traditional refinishing methods) and in many cases it can be completed in just one day.

What's your favorite color stain for kitchen cabinets?  

VivaFashion About :
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
  • lil_mama06
  • by Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 12:05 PM
  •  My friend in arizona has that theme...You walk into her kitchen and it's like being transported...She's always picking up something to add to her kitchen.... 

Quoting mrswillie: White. Our kitchen is a 50s diner them so white looks great.

• Quote Reply
  • LaniBee
  • by on Jul. 17, 2014 at 12:15 PM
  • That sounds like it would be a fun place to hang out!   

Quoting lil_mama06:

My friend in arizona has that theme...You walk into her kitchen and it's like being transported...She's always picking up something to add to her kitchen.... 

Quoting mrswillie: White. Our kitchen is a 50s diner them so white looks great.

• Quote Reply
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN