Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Life Home Life

Update Your Kitchen with New Hardware

By HoosierHomemade on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:00 AM

Sometimes the smallest updates to your kitchen make all the difference in the world. Whether it's a whole new remodel or just an update, remodeling your whole kitchen can be difficult. Not only does it take lots of time and energy, it can also take lots of money.

We have found that updating simple things like new hardware, door style or cabinet color can make a huge difference. There's a large variety of hardware on the market now.  Along with choosing whether you will purchase new cabinets, reface your existing cabinets or renew them, you will also need to decide which kind of pulls or knobs you want. Kitchen cabinets rarely come with hardware, leaving the choice up to you, which is both good and bad.

Contemporary kitchens tend to look best with streamlined pulls, and sleek tubular or rectangular options are perfect for modern styles. You will also need to keep in mind your light fixtures and appliances. Matching the finishes is not critical, but be sure they are complementary.

If you plan to reface your cabinets, perhaps turn them into a stained wood finish, just about any hardware will work. The same is true if you plan to renew your cabinets with paint or stain. Brushed nickel, chrome, oil rubbed bronze, and pewter are all classic finishes for painted cabinets. But most importantly, choose a style that will work into your lifestyle and one that you will love for years to come.

We are in the process of gathering ideas for our kitchen remodel, and it's great to have help with the design process. The free in-store design consultation services that The Home Depot offers is invaluable. It's nice to know what type of remodel we can work into our budget.

Creating your dream kitchen can be easier than you think. Have you ever remodeled your kitchen? Did you just update your cabinets or decide on everything brand new?

HoosierHomemade About :
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
  • earthangel1967
  • by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:08 AM
  • We are renters so we can't really remodel the kitchen, there are a few things I would do to it if I could but at least I'm grateful I like the kitchen overall fine.. the changes I'd make would be to make it extra special but at least it's a color and style I like over all... however I am thinking of possibly taking  the white plain cupboard door handles off and store them in safe place in case I ever have to move out so I can put them back on (hoping we never have to move though since we love it here) anyway and I'm thinking of putting  up a little fancier more lux looking handles to add a little extra special touch to kitchen and dress it up a bit.. something similar to these .. a silver and  rhinestones type of look probably..

View Full Size Image YVONNE

• Quote Reply
  • lil_mama06
  • by Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:35 AM
  • We rent so no major renovations here...Plus we've only been here a year and I love our cabinets...Will keep this in mind in case I ever want to change things up...

• Quote Reply
  • copperswifey
  • by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 2:09 PM
  • we remodled our kitchen a couple of years ago. It was really bad and dated so we went with everything new :) 

• Quote Reply
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN